Marvel Studios' Daredevil: Born Again

EPCOT-O.G.

Well they reuse what they can and scrap the rest (or save it for future seasons), that is how you recoup what has already been filmed/spent. As it doesn't sound like they are scraping the entire concept just the direction this particular team was taking with it.

In fact it appears the same creative team will become executive producers on the project instead. So they will still be around. So yeah that leads me to believe they are keeping the same concept, just going in a different direction with the story creatively.

And really a different direction in terms of how they produce MCU D+ shows going forward. That is the big take away here, they are changing how they produce these things again hopefully for the better.
I think if they use anything at all from what’s been filmed they have to keep them as EP given union rules.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I think if they use anything at all from what’s been filmed they have to keep them as EP given union rules.
Maybe, don't know how that part of the contracts work.

Anyways even if that is true that does mean they will likely be using the same concept, which as I recall is based on Frank Miller's comic run of the same name.

LSLS

Three months of filming flushed down the drain. Yikes.

It's gonna sound mean, but good. This quote makes me think this is a GREAT decision by Marvel:

But sources say that Corman and Ord crafted a legal procedural that did not resemble the Netflix version, known for its action and violence. didn’t even show up in costume until the fourth episode.

Yeah, I'd be kind of mad if I turned on the Daredevil TV show and had to wait a month to see Daredevil.

EPCOT-O.G.

It's gonna sound mean, but good. This quote makes me think this is a GREAT decision by Marvel:

Yeah, I'd be kind of mad if I turned on the Daredevil TV show and had to wait a month to see Daredevil.
Yeah it sounded kind of jacked up. Similar production troubles supposedly on Echo.

It’s unclear whether the final product will be better than what’s been shot so far. It seems they are seeking out new writers and show runners, so possibly their take on things will get greenlit; possibly not. My only point was the sink cost thus far (which has to be substantial) that may or may not get repurposed.

MoonRakerSCM

Reports are that Marvel (Fiege) watched the episodes of the season that have alreqdy been filmed prior to the strikes, and it was so horrible they've fired the director and the writers and Marvel is now looking to redo the entire show.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
THR has details on the new creative team for the Daredevil: Born Again series on Disney+.

"Marvel Studios’ Daredevil television series has a new creative team.

Dario Scardapane, whose recent credits include Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan as well as Netflix’s Marvel show The Punisher, has been tapped to act as the new showrunner for the series, which is in the midst of a creative overhaul.

Additionally, Justin Benson and Aaron Moorhead, the co-directing team behind indie genre thrillers who are coming off of directing episodes of Loki season two, have been hired to helm the remaining episodes that will constitute the first season on Disney+."

More at the link below.

_caleb

THR has details on the new creative team for the Daredevil: Born Again series on Disney+.

"Marvel Studios’ Daredevil television series has a new creative team.

Dario Scardapane, whose recent credits include Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan as well as Netflix’s Marvel show The Punisher, has been tapped to act as the new showrunner for the series, which is in the midst of a creative overhaul.

Additionally, Justin Benson and Aaron Moorhead, the co-directing team behind indie genre thrillers who are coming off of directing episodes of Loki season two, have been hired to helm the remaining episodes that will constitute the first season on Disney+."

More at the link below.

Seems like good news (?)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom