Marvel on the chopping block?

Sorcerer Mickey

Original Poster

RUMOR: Universal Actively Developing Replacement for Marvel Super Hero Island​

Link: https://.com/2024/09/rumor-universal-developing-replacement-marvel-super-hero-island/?fbclid=IwY2xjawFUcbZleHRuA2FlbQIxMAABHf9Csohwg7949m4pP4VUxTKWUoqnAsZ8kEl9K8LAUetNyPSBwTneChpXTg_aem_tDlYZIpyfzcAz9PbdRRyRg

EDIT: I don't know why it's not letting me link...

JoeCamel

Link: https://.com/2024/09/rumor-universal-developing-replacement-marvel-super-hero-island/?fbclid=IwY2xjawFUcbZleHRuA2FlbQIxMAABHf9Csohwg7949m4pP4VUxTKWUoqnAsZ8kEl9K8LAUetNyPSBwTneChpXTg_aem_tDlYZIpyfzcAz9PbdRRyRg

Because the site is trash clickbait

danlb_2000

Premium Member

I do wonder if they did replace Marvel would they design around some of the existing rides? I can't imaging them getting rid of Hulk since it would be easy to re-theme. Same thing with Spiderman, it's a very flexible ride system. Dr Doom and Storm are more expendable and if they took out Cafe 4 and some backstage buildings they would end up with a big spot for another attraction. If they include unused theater next to Spiderman, they could probably fix to small lands into the space Marvel takes up.

1726496991549.png

Sorcerer Mickey

Original Poster
I do wonder if they did replace Marvel would they design around some of the existing rides? I can't imaging them getting rid of Hulk since it would be easy to re-theme. Same thing with Spiderman, it's a very flexible ride system. Dr Doom and Storm are more expendable and if they took out Cafe 4 and some backstage buildings they would end up with a big spot for another attraction. If they include unused theater next to Spiderman, they could probably fix to small lands into the space Marvel takes up.

View attachment 815869
I feel that Hulk is pretty iconic and would be safe with a retheme. The same exact track layout was used for a Transformers ride in one of the other Universal parks. Plus, most of the track on Hulk was replaced in 2015-2016.

Spider-Man is being re-themed in Japan so I imagine Orlando's will have a similar fate.

I would hope that, if this is true, the project would roll out in phases. It'd be a hard hit to IOA to lose two of the major E-tickets and a couple smaller attractions all at once.

some other guy

you could run it through archive today or ghostarchive so you can have info and still deny them those nearly DOZEN clicks they might get from being here 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

RSoxNo1

So Tom has put this out there.

There was some conversation about this in the Monstropolis thread on the main forum, but it appears those posts have been deleted, likely to keep things on topic.

I spoke with Tom at the D23 Expo and he mentioned this to me. I asked around and it does seem like there's some smoke here, but the timetable isn't clear.

drkarcher22

I just have trouble believing that Universal would willingly give up an IP that is still popular that they have rights to in the Orlando area in perpetuity, especially since it would inevitably lead to their main competitor building a land based on it in Orlando at some point.

Then there’s the fact that there’s just way more pressing things going on at the original two parks that you would assume are going to take precedence. Springfield has to be replaced in the next few years, then you get to stuff like RRR seemingly on the chopping block along with MiB and even Supercharged. That’s not even getting into IoA with Toon Lagoon and Lost Continent, and even Seuss Landing with the Cat in the hat ride needing some tlc

Sorcerer Mickey

Original Poster
I just have trouble believing that Universal would willingly give up an IP that is still popular that they have rights to in the Orlando area in perpetuity, especially since it would inevitably lead to their main competitor building a land based on it in Orlando at some point.

Then there’s the fact that there’s just way more pressing things going on at the original two parks that you would assume are going to take precedence. Springfield has to be replaced in the next few years, then you get to stuff like RRR seemingly on the chopping block along with MiB and even Supercharged. That’s not even getting into IoA with Toon Lagoon and Lost Continent, and even Seuss Landing with the Cat in the hat ride needing some tlc
Whoa whoa, MIB is on the chopping block? It's certainly dated, but RRR and the entire Simpsons land need to be replaced first. And then Supercharged.

wdwfan4ver

If this happens, I'm assuming it would be 10 years from now at the earliest although personally I wouldn't consider giving Disney the theme park rights to the IP at all since the land is still very popular. Also anyone who is true fan of WDW that isn't a shill, should be very concern what Disney would be doing with Marvel at WDW considering how Avengers Campus has turned out so far in multiple Disney theme parks worldwide.

My reasoning USF needs a lot of changes because Marvel Super Hero Island gone would cut down Capacity at IOA even if Lost Continent gets replaced before Marvel goes down. Lost Continent getting replaced and gets a couple attractions would increase capacity at IOA.

USF and Epic Universe would have to make up for the loss of Capacity at IOA and that means at least a couple expansions at Epic Universe and a bunch changes to USF.

From a USF side of things, Hollywood Rid Ride Rockit, Simpsons, and Fast & furious Superchaged needed to be replaced before Marvel Super Hero Island.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom