Marvel characters outfits can they be changed

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
With the East of The Mississippi contract and the use of the characters in the park. How come Disney hasn't contacted Universal in a redesign of these outfits the characters wear?
E_PxQNZUUAE0qo8.jpg

The problem is that these versions really look out of date and more along what you'd see at a convention..Or is do they have to be different to their MCU versions over on the island?

Vegas Disney Fan

I don’t know the answer but it’s an interesting question, what, if any, control does Disney have over how Uni uses their licensed IP?

They do look like cosplayers but worse than that is they ride Can Ams, it’s the cheesiest thing ever.

With how much Uni has stepped up their game I’m surprised they haven’t upgraded the Marvel area, the rides are still good but the facades are closer in quality to six flags than modern universal. Compared to their newer Potter and Jurassic stuff it’s light years behind.

JT3000

The costumes were already updated once before, around the same time Spider-Man received its 4K upgrade. They represent the comic characters, so unless Marvel is updating those characters to resemble their MCU counterparts, there's no reason to base their appearance off the MCU versions (which they may not be able to do otherwise.)

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
I don’t know the answer but it’s an interesting question, what, if any, control does Disney have over how Uni uses their licensed IP?

They do look like cosplayers but worse than that is they ride Can Ams, it’s the cheesiest thing ever.

With how much Uni has stepped up their game I’m surprised they haven’t upgraded the Marvel area, the rides are still good but the facades are closer in quality to six flags than modern universal. Compared to their newer Potter and Jurassic stuff it’s light years behind.
Because it's reflecting that you are walking through a comic book and why all the other islands reflect lands based on reading material...It's just a shame they can't upgrade their designs to look better.

The closest you get to see them in their MCU versions on that side of Florida is if DCL has a Marvel at Sea Cruise..
FgrgmO9VQAAwpTc.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
With the East of The Mississippi contract and the use of the characters in the park. How come Disney hasn't contacted Universal in a redesign of these outfits the characters wear?
E_PxQNZUUAE0qo8.jpg

The problem is that these versions really look out of date and more along what you'd see at a convention..Or is do they have to be different to their MCU versions over on the island?

They can't use the MCU design, the licenses is for the comic book versions of the characters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom