Marvel actor Jeremy Renner in 'critical condition' after snow plow accident [Jan 2, 2023]

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Also, that news led to this project that I haven't heard of before, tho Jeremy has recently been hyping it:

DCBaker

Premium Member
From his reps -

“We can confirm that Jeremy has suffered blunt chest trauma and orthopedic injuries and has undergone surgery today, January 2nd 2023. He has returned from surgery and remains in the intensive care unit in critical but stable condition.

Jeremy’s family would like to express their gratitude to the incredible doctors and nurses looking after him, Truckee Meadows Fire and Rescue, Washoe County Sheriff, Reno City Mayor Hillary Schieve and the Carano and Murdock families. They are also tremendously overwhelmed and appreciative of the outpouring of love and support from his fans.”

MarvelCharacterNerd

Been watching reports on this since yesterday. With the details coming out the past few hours sounds like the Snow Cat rolled over his leg causing blood loss along with the chest injuries. Not good. :(

Wishing him strength to heal and good doctors to help.

TP2000

Tahoe has just been pummeled by over 10 feet of snow in just the last week. It's brutal up there, and snowing again tonight with a bigger blizzard coming in Wednesday.

My hat goes off to this guy knowing he was out there doing this snowplowing himself. I lived in New England, and that's never fun in only two feet of snow. When the snowfall is above your head, it's just awful. I have every faith he'll pull through now that he's in the hospital!

MarvelCharacterNerd

Tahoe has just been pummeled by over 10 feet of snow in just the last week. It's brutal up there, and snowing again tonight with a bigger blizzard coming in Wednesday.

My hat goes off to this guy knowing he was out there doing this snowplowing himself. I lived in New England, and that's never fun in only two feet of snow. When the snowfall is above your head, it's just awful. I have every faith he'll pull through now that he's in the hospital!
He was apparently trying to clear his driveway and his neighbor's driveway as they'd been snowed in without power for 24 hours. Thankfully, the neighbors were out there while he did it and one of them was a doctor who applied a tourniquet to his leg as soon as the Snowcat rolled over it.

If he'd been alone, it could have been another tragic situation like Anton Yelchin (which still breaks my heart).

And apparently a rally car driver died on Monday from a snowmobile accident. So sad.

Comped

Was so glad to see this earlier. But still worried and waiting to hear what's actually going on with him.
According to the Daily Mail (which is, oddly enough, a good source when it comes to this kind of thing - not as good as TMZ, but still pretty darn good). "The actor, who was in a critical condition following the accident, has had two surgeries that involved metal pins being placed around his leg." Alongside some related injuries that have been treated. So it looks like at least he'll have 2 legs (assuming things work out, which they seem to be), and he's been tweeting and instagraming so he seems to be in relatively good spirits.

MarvelCharacterNerd

According to the Daily Mail (which is, oddly enough, a good source when it comes to this kind of thing - not as good as TMZ, but still pretty darn good). "The actor, who was in a critical condition following the accident, has had two surgeries that involved metal pins being placed around his leg." Alongside some related injuries that have been treated. So it looks like at least he'll have 2 legs (assuming things work out, which they seem to be), and he's been tweeting and instagraming so he seems to be in relatively good spirits.
Yeah, I've been following along on the daily updates. Still concerned about talk of his chest being crushed when the SnoCat ran over him. :( He's going to have quite the road to recovery, but so long as he gets there, I'm thankful.

And yeah, the cute posts on social made me smile.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
I am glad for Jeremy Renner, great guy, but seeing that video all I can think is how I wish I could have afforded that therapy for my recovery. No, I had to hold myself up on the handrails to only run on "40% of my weight". It's cool though, but definitely jealous. ha
You're winding up with better defined arm muscles than Jeremy!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom