Martin’s new video for The Land pavilion

Animaniac93-98

I spent the most time at Epcot at The Land pavilion on my last trip. It was my first time dining at Garden Grill, and I had no idea the second floor of the farm house was a fully decorated space. I tried taking pictures, but they didn't turn out so good. I'm glad Martin included some good, detailed views in his video!

nickys

Premium Member
I seriously wish we had people who work at current Disney and the parks was this informative and caring about the past and present history of Disney like @marni1971.

I imagine there are some Imagineers (yeah, OK, bad pun) who do. As for the rest, I doubt there's many who know as much as Martin; looking it up doesn't count.

In years to come, maybe he could sell his video site to WDW as the official archive, and retire to Golden Oaks! ;)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I imagine there are some Imagineers (yeah, OK, bad pun) who do. As for the rest, I doubt there's many who know as much as Martin; looking it up doesn't count.

In years to come, maybe he could sell his video site to WDW as the official archive, and retire to Golden Oaks! ;)
I’d be happy just with a few Maingates :) although the videos are inside the company in various places.

KrazyKat

Original Poster
Martin, just wanted to let you know that my 8 year old son, who has been to Disney World/Disneyland every year since he was 10 months old, has just discovered your videos after I showed him the new one for The Land. He is obsessed with WDW and says his goal is to become an Imagineer when he grows up (although he says himself that Imagineers should NEVER grow up). He is now watching every one of your videos and like me is amazed with all the info about WDW he never knew about. THANK YOU!
Your videos might just be that "one little spark of inspiration".

BTW, his twin sister kept asking about the Martin Smith not for sale and asked if someone tried to buy you:)

Kids

brb1006

Speaking of which, @marni1971 do you have a better quality video of the "Age Of Information" video I showed you months ago from the Epcot thread? I hope you might finally add that to your updated Communicore video in the future.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Speaking of which, @marni1971 do you have a better quality video of the "Age Of Information" video I showed you months ago from the Epcot thread? I hope you might finally add that to your updated Communicore video in the future.
The Communicore video will have plenty of Einsel theatre footage in it :) with some great quality footage.

John park hopper

Does anyone remember when the Garden Grill was the Good Turn Resturant (originally) and then became the Land Grill Roomn 1986 when Nestle took over sponsorship from Kaft. This was when the resturant revolved around and you viewed the boat ride through the greenhouse. This was long before they converted it to character meals and one meal offering. I can remember in 1986 eating there having a Key West pizza, had shrimp, crab meat and scallops on it (so good). Ate at the Garden Grill our last visit and was really dissapointed with what it turned into, yes I know many people love it now- the character meal for the kids. IMO for us they really down graded the food
The Land Grill Room menu seemed to reflect the theme of the Land Pavillion which the Garden Grill IMO does not
Sample Menu items from The Land Grille Room included:

Cheese Spread
Cheese, Nut and Mushroom Ball
Southwestern Stuffed Pepper
Clam and Corn Chowder
Cheese Bread (also available in the Farmers Market)
The Land Grille Room Salad
Horn of Plenty Salad with Honey Yogurt Dip
St. Augustine Pizza (beef tenderloin and asparagus pizza)
Shrimp De Jonghe
Gulf Catch (a shrimp dish)
The Floridian (a red snapper dish served with rice pilaf and stir-fried vegetables)
Roast Tuna Loin
Mesquite Grilled Boneless Baby Salmon with Orange Walnut Butter
Oriental Spiced Chicken
Clear Chicken Pot Pie
California Chicken
Long Islander (a duckling dish with currant sauce)
Broiled Steak
Seasonal American Wild Game
Woodsman (a beef stew dish)
New England Style Boiled Dinner
Mushroom Wrapped Tenderloin of Beef
Key West Pizza
Club Sandwich
Dark Chocolate Cake (also available at the Farmers Market)
Strawberry Cheesecake (also available at the Farmers Market)
New York Style Cheesecake (also available at the Farmers Market)
Orchard Favorite (strawberry crepes)
Deep Dish Apple Pie (also available at the Farmers Market and Rose & Crown in World Showcase)
Angel Food Cake

Last edited:

P_Radden

@marni1971 it's one thing you have such a passion for this stuff. It's another that you work so hard to create these amazing videos and share them with the world for free. You are truly 1 of a kind. Thanks for not only the fantastic videos, but also being a great contributor to this community, sharing your knowledge with those of us thirsty to learn. I know you don't accept money but I can't help but feel like we as a community owe you a token of gratitude in some fashion. Perhaps on your next trip, your meals and booze are on us!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
@marni1971 it's one thing you have such a passion for this stuff. It's another that you work so hard to create these amazing videos and share them with the world for free. You are truly 1 of a kind. Thanks for not only the fantastic videos, but also being a great contributor to this community, sharing your knowledge with those of us thirsty to learn. I know you don't accept money but I can't help but feel like we as a community owe you a token of gratitude in some fashion. Perhaps on your next trip, your meals and booze are on us!
Thank you. However I’m teetotal :)

I can’t accept money but if a reclusive billionaire sent me a check I’d keep quiet about it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom