Marketplace to Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort bridge construction

Next Big Thing

No this is the boat dock for Disney Springs Marketplace.
Hmm, that's a bit of an odd location for it no? I guess it's better for all the businesses involved though since it takes you to the very beginning of the Marketplace. So even if you weren't meaning to spend money somewhere, you may just because you pass by it and see something. It's also a great perk for the SSR resort. Walking from Congress park has always been nice, but the new bridge will cut down on time walking around (and be safer too since you aren't going by the road) and it will help with one of the toughest hurdles: Getting to the West Side. Yes, I know there is technically a walking path over on that side as well, but this will be so much more convenient for most.

jt04

Very nice. Love to see an arching covered bridge on the other end of the lake also with the same great details. Really does remind me of the original aesthetics from BV. :)

roj2323

Hmm, that's a bit of an odd location for it no? I guess it's better for all the businesses involved though since it takes you to the very beginning of the Marketplace. So even if you weren't meaning to spend money somewhere, you may just because you pass by it and see something. It's also a great perk for the SSR resort. Walking from Congress park has always been nice, but the new bridge will cut down on time walking around (and be safer too since you aren't going by the road) and it will help with one of the toughest hurdles: Getting to the West Side. Yes, I know there is technically a walking path over on that side as well, but this will be so much more convenient for most.

YOU basically have it right. Moving the dock to the end of the marketplace forces people to walk through the stores. This increased traffic especially going past the end stores like Art of Disney and the Christmas shop should Increase sales. The shortcut bridge should also help with the walk time to the resort as you mentioned. The boat captains should appreciate the new location as well since there is really nothing over there to worry about hitting unlike the old location.

Last edited:

Next Big Thing

From the Save PI blog. Looks to be nearing completion:
0614+PI+042.JPG

ncgator77

Can someone tell me if I am looking at the above picture correctly. To the right would be the very end of the Marketplace, the bridge going across the picture would take you to Saratoga Springs (left side of the picture), and the boat dock coming out the middle is for the Marketplace?

bpiper

Can someone tell me if I am looking at the above picture correctly. To the right would be the very end of the Marketplace, the bridge going across the picture would take you to Saratoga Springs (left side of the picture), and the boat dock coming out the middle is for the Marketplace?

Yes, you are correct.

ncgator77

Thanks! I enjoy dining at Downtown Disney and look forward to seeing it post transformation, likely staying at Saratoga Springs.

Jon81uk

When is the construction done with Disney Springs?

2017 probably when it is 100% all completed. Or late 2016 at least. There is a whole new area (The Town Center) being built in the former Pleasure Island parking lot. The Landing (former Pleasure Island) and Westside should be finished pretty soon, with new restaurants (Boathouse & Morimoto) opening in April and the rest to follow later in 2015. I don't think there is much else going on in Marketplace other than the expansion of World of Disney.

flyerjab

2017 probably when it is 100% all completed. Or late 2016 at least. There is a whole new area (The Town Center) being built in the former Pleasure Island parking lot. The Landing (former Pleasure Island) and Westside should be finished pretty soon, with new restaurants (Boathouse & Morimoto) opening in April and the rest to follow later in 2015. I don't think there is much else going on in Marketplace other than the expansion of World of Disney.

I think that the Marketplace is also where the new Margarita Bar is being added along the water.

Mouse Detective

Will there be any entertainment at Disney Springs? They have to have something for the people to do at night if families are taking time off from the parks.
Yes, but we don't know what yet. All those restaurants are going to have to offer something to generate revenue from 10PM to 2AM. There's just not a lot of people dining that late but plenty of people looking for night life.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom