Margaritaville Orlando Resort - $750 Million Entertainment Complex

Ragerunner

Original Poster
The new Margaritaville Resort Orlando is a $750 million entertainment complex on highway 192 West, south of Disney.

It includes:
- A 200,000 square foot Sunset Walk shopping and dining area anchored by Rock and Brews, Studio Movie Grill, Ford's Garage, Cafe Rio and Bahama Buck's (Opening November 2018).
- A major new water park with a wave pool, over a dozen new slides, kids play structure, action river and activity pool (Opening March 2019). Infrastructure work is underway and all the slides have been purchased and will start arriving soon.
- With its center piece the new Margaritaville Resort Hotel (Opening early 2019).

Construction Update June 2018

Ragerunner

Original Poster
Margaritaville Orlando Resort's waterpark is moving full speed ahead. 100s of new slide pieces are in the holding lot with plunge pools and slide tower foundations going in. This will be the next wet n wild with better theming.

Ragerunner

Original Poster
Slide tower is going up for the new waterpark at Margaritaville Orlando
IMG_20181004_185020_523.jpg

cheezbat

I’m really disappointed in where they are building the waterpark...I figured it would be more centralized in the resort, but instead they’re building it right off of 192. So much for immersion.

Ragerunner

Original Poster
I’m really disappointed in where they are building the waterpark...I figured it would be more centralized in the resort, but instead they’re building it right off of 192. So much for immersion.

It really is a stand alone waterpark and not part of the resort hotel. Landscaping is going to be very important for this park.

Tom Morrow

Yeah, I thought the same thing as well. This resort is HUGE and yet they plopped this water park right there?

maxairmike

Yeah, I thought the same thing as well. This resort is HUGE and yet they plopped this water park right there?

I mean, this is far from a surprise, the location has been known ever since the site master plan was released. It isn't trying to be a high caliber park, either. Its meant to drive resort days, and bring in a few locals. It should be fine at doing its job and will probably do it with basic landscaping.

cheezbat

I mean, this is far from a surprise, the location has been known ever since the site master plan was released. It isn't trying to be a high caliber park, either. Its meant to drive resort days, and bring in a few locals. It should be fine at doing its job and will probably do it with basic landscaping.
I had hoped it had changed...and I didn’t realize they were building it THAT CLOSE to 192...I was over there yesterday and holy cow, I could jump from the sidewalk onto those mat racer slides! Talk about way too close to the road! I know they’re basically doing what Coco Key did: put the slides in a highly visible area to attract people to their resort...but I still think this was a big mistake.

Ragerunner

Original Poster
Water and slide testing has begun and the wave pool is full. The landscaping is really starting to fill in along the edge of the park. Looking good.

Ragerunner

Original Poster
Didn’t see this posted. Here is the announcement for the new Estefan Kitchen restaurant that was attended by Gloria Estefan. It’s was well done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom