Mardi Gras Float!!!

woofboy111

Original Poster
Today I just got a call that I was selected from all annual pass holders that me and one other person would be able to ride on a mardi gras float:D :lol: :D !!! I can't wait.

Camelot

Living in New Orleans, and having been on a Mardi Gras Float myself, you will have a BLAST, woofboy111.

Congratulations, and keep us posted. I have never been to WDW to see how they celebrate Mardi Gras. :king:

woofboy111

Original Poster
Originally posted by Camelot

Congratulations, and keep us posted. I have never been to WDW to see how they celebrate Mardi Gras. :king:

Well, WDW doesn't celebrate Mardi Gras. It's universal, but close enough. They called me up yesterday, and its for tomorrow.

Also, I just posted a website with lots of pictures about Universal's Mardi Gras. The address is:

http://www.geocities.com/universal_mardi_gras

on some of the pages, there are a lot of pictures, so Yahoo keeps on shutting down my site because it exceeds my allowed download per month, so, if it tells you there is no such site, try back later. I'm in the process of bringing down the file size on many of the pictures, so that should fix the problem. If they let me take a camera in the back stage area of Universal and onto the float, I'll post some pictures from that.

Camelot

Opps, I forgot I was posting on the "other Attractions"

I checked out the photos you posted.. Thanks....Looks like it was a great time.

woofboy111

Original Poster
Well, I rode on a float last friday, and it was a lot of fun. I'm trying to get on one again, but I think the chances of that are slim. The camera I was using didn't work too well in the dark (unlike my digital video camera which got ruined on jaws before the parade...it was under warrenty and is getting fixed right now). Because of this, most of the pictures of Universals backstage didn't come out, but I did get a few good ones. I took of the crouds of people begging for beads, the inside of the floats, and some other good stuff came out.

I should have some pictures posted soon.

woofboy111

Original Poster
Second time

I just got on a mardi gras float a second time!!! Last friday I did it again, just by going up and asking if they have empty spaces.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom