- Kevin Lyttle (2/19)
- Creedence Clearwater Revisted (3/5)
- Lynyrd Skynyrd (3/12)
- Huey Lewis & The News (4/9)

I will definitely be there for Huey Lewis & The News. :D

NemoRocks78

Seized
Original Poster
There's the nightly concert, "food stations" serving up New Orleans-style food, and a daily parade (with floats, stilt walkers, beads, coins, the works).

aimster

The bands kinda suck this year, although I'msomewhat tempted by Skynard (classic rock junkie that I am). I had a blast last year when I saw Chic though (DISCO PARTY!). But I hated the crowds. Some people were so rude, pushy and downright mean over getting those stupid plastic beads. I almost got into a fight with some guy who tried grabbing a string out of my hand but I held on and won in the end (the guy got a major reaming by several onlookers... especially after he shoved me because he didn't get his precious beads).

NemoRocks78

Seized
Original Poster
The official website is now up.

Updated list of performers:

February 5th - COMING SOON
February 12th - The Go-Go's
February 19th - The Temptations & The Four Tops
February 26th - The O'Jays
March 5th - Creedence Clearwater Revisited
March 12th - Lynyrd Skynyrd
March 19th - O.A.R.
March 26th - COMING SOON
April 2nd - Jason Mraz
April 9th - Huey Lewis & the News

Unfortunately I will not be able to make it on April 9th so it looks like I'll be there on February 19th or March 12th (most likely the latter since LMA will be having a soft opening the next day at MGM if I'm not mistaken).

NemoRocks78

Seized
Original Poster
Tonight marks the beginning of Mardi Gras 2005. :D

Updated List of Performers:
Sat 02/05/05 Musicians 4 Disaster Relief - starts at 5pm
Sat 02/12/05 The Go-Go’s - start at 8:30pm
Sat 02/19/05 The Temptations & The Four Tops - start at 8:30pm
Sat 02/26/05 The O'Jays - start at 8:30pm
Sat 03/05/05 Creedence Clearwater Revisited - start at 8:30pm
Sat 03/12/05 Lynyrd Skynyrd - start at 8:30pm
Sat 03/19/05 O.A.R. - start at 9:30pm
Sat 03/26/05 COMING SOON - start at 9:30pm
Sat 04/02/05 Jason Mraz - start at 9:30pm
Sat 04/09/05 Huey Lewis & The News - start at 8:30pm

The parade begins at 8pm from 2/5 - 3/12, 9pm from 3/19 - 4/2, and 8pm on 4/9.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Original Poster
From the official Mardi Gras website:

Will the rides and attractions be open?
Rides and attractions will be open during regular park hours. Select rides and attractions will be open during the parade and concerts.

I believe that the major attractions near the front of the park (RotM, Twister, Neutron, and Shrek) would be open.

Legacy

NemoRocks said:
From the official Mardi Gras website:

Will the rides and attractions be open?
Rides and attractions will be open during regular park hours. Select rides and attractions will be open during the parade and concerts.

I believe that the major attractions near the front of the park (RotM, Twister, Neutron, and Shrek) would be open.
Don't expect Neutron open. Mummy, Shrek, Twister, MiB and Back to the Future will most likely be the line up.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Original Poster
My bad.....just thought they'd keep the attractions at the front of the park (where the concert is) open. Last year, none of the rides were opened and you couldn't go into San Fransisco/Amity, World Expo, and part of Hollywood.

Legacy

NemoRocks said:
My bad.....just thought they'd keep the attractions at the front of the park (where the concert is) open. Last year, none of the rides were opened and you couldn't go into San Fransisco/Amity, World Expo, and part of Hollywood.
Eh... I've never done Mardi Gras so I was going off of standard special event proceedure. In that case Mummy and Shrek will most likely be it. Neutron wasn't even open for HHN, and that is a bigger event.

That's weird keeping the rides closed... :confused:

NemoRocks78

Seized
Original Poster
Legacy said:
That's weird keeping the rides closed... :confused:

It is. I think it would be best to keep a couple attractions open because some people don't want to see the concert (like me, for example....had to sit through KC & The Sunshine Band last year :lol: ).

NemoRocks78

Seized
Original Poster
I just read that all of the attractions were open during the concert and parade (and now that I think about it, they should have been since the parade is running a longer route this year).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom