marching at disney world

walthimself05

Re: Marching Band/Drum & Bugle Corps

Originally posted by DarkImage4

In 2000, my wife was with the Cadets of Bargen County and got to do a full performance in front of Cinderelly Castle!!!

I thinks that all.....:D

Cool i kno some one who played that show She was in pit. her name is Teresa Evans. She was our student teacher during marchin season this year. Shes a cool cat.

o and sorry colorguard02, i didnt realize that it was from the movie til u said sumthin. lol

anywho, we have had guest conductors like Ray Cramer (a.k.a. Band god of the universe) We were invited to some festival in Germany but noone wanted to be biologically melted by some psycho. Theres more but its alot.

MsSnuzi

Magic Music Days

I agree - performing at WDW was the best experience I can remember! We took a group of 40 dancers last year to perform onstage near Space Mountain.
The staff was great and the kids had the time of their lives. We did a workshop with some of the Disney dancers too. I would recommend it to anyone without hesitation.
We'll be taking another group next year - our kids did some major fundraising to get there - we had a group of about 125 people. Check out Magic Music Days for more information. It's alot of work (tons of paperwork), but so worth it!!
Good Luck!
:D

AliciaLuvzDizne

Re: Re: Re: marching at disney world

Originally posted by SewIn2Disney

(and all of you flag-its too --(that was the name for the color guard in high school...I know, it's really mean:( )

yeah
we dont like that
lol

anyways i went my jr year in hs... like 5 years ago....and i actually sang instead of flagging. At EPCOT and it was AMAZING. I LOVE my magical music days tshirt to this day its my favorite hehe.
anyways it was a really amazingly fun expierence and i would do it again in a heartbeat (actually im always trying to be a chapperone for these trips...maybe someday soon.
woohoo fun stuff

imagineersrock

well thanks guys for the great info- it really sounds like an awesome experience!! (i'll keep dreaming and maybe my band will go one day too!) ...yeah... but anyway, just one question; is it really expensive?? -do you only pay for lodging, or do ya have to pay to participate, etc?? just curious... thanks alot!

SewIn2Disney

Re: Re: Re: Re: marching at disney world

Originally posted by AliciaLuvzDizne
yeah
we dont like that
lol

\

I'm not putting u down. I was in color guard all through high school (and even made captin flag-it my junior and senior year)
I'm a proud flag it
(and band geek...and drama dork....and choir ______...lets see--any more?) lol

all this talk is making me want to be in HS again and go to WDW....:cry:

DarkImage4

Re: Re: Marching Band/Drum & Bugle Corps

Originally posted by walthimself05
Cool i kno some one who played that show She was in pit. her name is Teresa Evans. She was our student teacher during marchin season this year. Shes a cool cat.

o and sorry colorguard02, i didnt realize that it was from the movie til u said sumthin. lol

anywho, we have had guest conductors like Ray Cramer (a.k.a. Band god of the universe) We were invited to some festival in Germany but noone wanted to be biologically melted by some psycho. Theres more but its alot.

Talk about a "Small World", my wife was in the pit too!!!

My first and only trip to Disney World was in 1993 when I went with our marching band. Being that I was new to the world, I was so overwhelmed by its size and everything that it had to offer. There was soooo much that I missed because after all it was a band trip and our first priority were our performances. Unfortunately, both our marching band and jazz band had to perform. Unlucky me was in both!!! So, I really spent more time performing in all of the parks than I did enjoying the parks. The only day of our week long trip that we didn't have to perform was when we went to Universal Studios.

Not to mention that fact that Disney is very picky about the appearance of the bands that perform in their parks. Before we went, our band director had to send in so many photos of our band because Disney wanted to make sure EVERYONE looked alike! I guess I can understand why.

All in all, much fun was had by all. I really can't wait until I get to go back for the second time this June. There is sooo much that I didn't experience then, but I want to experience this go around. Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!!!!!

colorguard02

Original Poster
Originally posted by imagineersrock
well thanks guys for the great info- it really sounds like an awesome experience!! (i'll keep dreaming and maybe my band will go one day too!) ...yeah... but anyway, just one question; is it really expensive?? -do you only pay for lodging, or do ya have to pay to participate, etc?? just curious... thanks alot!

No it is not expensive at all. You get really good group prices.I think we paid $265 per person.Which includes everything tickets,room,meals,and transportation.The only thing we had to pay for was snacks and soveniers.You also get really cool shirts and pens ,and for the bandroom a cool banner.That is included .The experience is priceless:lol: !!!!!

SewIn2Disney

We had to pay $709 per person. We stayed for 5 days in wdw plus one in sea world and that included airfair, lodging (all star music), tickets, private bus to get us around, and all meals. But we held fundraisers and many didn't have to pay a cent.

walthimself05

Re: Re: Re: Marching Band/Drum & Bugle Corps

Originally posted by DarkImage4
Talk about a "Small World", my wife was in the pit too!!!

does your wife kno her???????

that was the coolest show. It's still my favorite. I loved the snare solo played by that black guy. And the whole percussion part. woo hoo.

goofyfan13

Originally posted by walthimself05
dude sweet, im in the drumline too. I've always wanted to play there. I play snare and i go to Louisville Male High school. I don't kno if u hav heard of us but we are one of the most honored high school bands in the world

(not to sound like the world revolves around us or nuttin)

I haven't heard of you, but that could be because my high school band sucks and we don't get to make that many trips anywhere! :lol: Thats cool though that you guys are that good! I am the section leader of the quad drums and next year I'm apparently going to be the entire drumline section leader, so I'm am really excited. I have to brag a little now too, sorry. I play in the Novi High School Drumline, if you haven't heard of us it's alright, but we have a really strong drumline at our school. In the winter drumline season we've won 9 state championships out of our 10 year history. (It's just a shame that our band can't follow our example.) Drummers rule!!

Sorry for the thread drift!!:brick:

I leave for the world tommorrow!!!

cymbaldiva

Have fun in the World!

I never marched there - I would love to have though...*sigh*

I marched drumline too - my college has a pretty d*** good drumline! :D

nofries4u

I went last April with my HS marching Band and it was the best trip I've ever had. Our school has a Highlander thing and the marching band wears full authentic Scottish Kilts. So it was really really hot marching in that florida sun. We did the Magic Kingdom parade and a parade competition at MGM. We took first place in Marching band with a superior rating. We're going to Scotland next year and hopefully that will be just as much fun as WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom