March Magic 2015 Thread

Eckert

Original Poster
hp_march-magic_20150316.jpg

IT'S THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN!
While the sports fans freak out about their basketballs and hoop-de-hoops this year, Disney is bringing back one of their most fun social media events/merch opportunities to come out in a while: March Magic!

What is it?

Basically, what we're looking at here is a good ol' fashioned TOURNAMENT OF RIDES. Each of these classic and new rides from the East and West Coast are put up against each other and are voted for over at WDW and Disneyland's Facebook pages!

What's so cool about that?

Well, it's the most official Disney popularity contest there is. We all have our favorite rides, right? Well let's find out how good your taste really is, Disney elite. The GP gets to vote and decide which rides advance and stay back, and its tons of fun to get competitive with friends and fans alike.

Okay, that's nice and all, but how am I going to support my favorite ride?!
That's funny you mention that. All the teams have a cool logo specifically made for the event, and depending on how well they do in the tournament, they'll either be available till the end of the event (April 12), or the end of the first week! Basically, you're going to be able to buy the Haunted Mansion shirt until the end.

I'm totally ready for this. How will I keep updated? I'm a very busy man.
Fret not! If you're unable to keep updated on the Facebook page, I'll be keeping tabs on the match-ups and winners here. Expect to see some fun discussions on this thread as well.

:greedy:GET YOUR SHIRT HERE :greedy:

West Coast Teams:
5E6MZbG.jpg

East Coast Teams:
pYrzS8w.jpg

MATCHUPS (WEEK 1)
Haunted Mansion (Gracey Manor GHOULS) vs. Dinosaur (Dino Institute DINOS)

Star Tours (Star Tours TROOPERS) vs. Expedition Everest (anandapur YETIS)

World of Color (World of Color SPECTRUM) vs. Pirates of the Caribbean (Caribbean CANNONBALLS)

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride (Toad Hall MAYHEM) vs. Enchanted Tiki Room (Tiki Room HARMONY)

Peter Pan's Flight (Neverland GALLEONS) vs. Tower of Terror (Hollywood Tower BELLHOPS)

Wishes (MK SHOOTING STARS) vs. Kilamanjaro Safaris (Savannah RUMBLE)

Mad Hatter's Tea Party ( TEACUPS) vs. Indiana Jones Adventure (Forbidden Eye TEMPLES)

Jungle Cruise (Jungle Cruise HEADHUNTERS) vs. Radiator Springs Racers (Ornament Valley VELOCITY)

Main Street Electrical Parade (Main Street ELECTRICITY) vs. Journey Into Imagination (Imagination Institute DREAMFINDERS)

Rockin' Rollercoaster (G-Force Records ROCKERS) vs. Test Track (Test Track DRIVE)

Splash Mountain (Briar Patch SPLASH) vs. Fantasmic! (Fantasmic DRAGONS)

California Screamin' (California SCREAMERS) vs. Matterhorn ( Matterhorn Abominable SNOWMEN)

Soarin' (Soarin' SKYGLIDERS) vs. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (Thunder Mountain BOOM)

7DMT (Fantasyland FIGHTIN7) vs. Dumbo (Storybook Circus Flying ELEPHANTS)

IASM (Small World SAILORS) vs. Space Mountain (Space Mountain BLAST)

TSMM (Midway MANIACS) vs. Philharmagic (Philharmagic MAESTROS)

(WEEK 2)
TBA

-----

Thanks for reading guys, and happy voting!

#DisneySide

Last edited:

Eckert

Original Poster
Next two match-ups have been revealed!

Tower of Terror (Hollywood Tower BELLHOPS) vs. Peter Pan's Flight (Neverland GALLEONS)

Wishes (MK SHOOTING STARS) vs. Kilimanjaro Safaris (Savannah RUMBLE)

Pretty interesting match-ups, and genuinely tough to decide on a vote. Who did you guys vote for?

Sheriff Woody

Final Four for me is Blast (Space Mountain) defeating Bellhops (Tower of Terror) and Rockers (Rock N Roller Coaster) defeating Yetis (Expedition Everest). Then I have Blast winning it all against Rockers.

lpet11984

Voted for Temples today. Too torn with the dreamfinder/electricity... not sure which way I'll go yet.

In other news, Philharmagic doesn't stand a chance against Midway Mania. I better order my shirt this weekend.

Eckert

Original Poster
Very distraught that Star Tours lost against the broken Yeti. I'd love to get the shirt, but with it being $29 in total...:confused:

mavlax20

They should add Maelstrom just for the heck of it...however I am debating on the Main Street Electrical Parade shirt just because Elliot is on it

lpet11984

I also wish it was easier to see who the winners are. Is there a webpage somewhere that has the updated winners that I'm just missing?

Eckert

Original Poster
I also wish it was easier to see who the winners are. Is there a webpage somewhere that has the updated winners that I'm just missing?

I'm updating the first post in this thread to showcase the winners! It's not gonna be by-the-second accurate, but they'll be there.

And I gotta say, I'm loving the Seven Dwarves team name. THE FIGHTIN' SEVEN sounds amazingly bad-a**!!

Last edited:

Eckert

Original Poster
Updated the winners and included the two final match-ups, ending week one!

Get those $$$ ready for those shirts that are gonna disappear!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom