Trip Report March 19 LIVE trip report

Howdy all! I have a mostly solo day at the parks today so I thought I would document it here!

About the day and me: I started with Disney 10 years ago at Epcot and have worked at the parks, DCL, and now currently with the Disney store. I’m from Canada and back living there now and try to get down to the parks as much as I can!

Our day starts at Disney’s Pop Century Resort. There’s A LOT going on right now! I’m doing some laps around hourglass lake and there’s people working on room refurbishments, the Skyliner is going up, I’ve passed two people pressure washing sidewalks. There’s painting happening on the outside of the 60s and I’ve seen three groups of new cast members getting their orientions. Definitely a hub of activity!

I think today will include MK and Epcot. If anyone has any requests about anything let me know. Let’s see how this goes!

Attachments

• AC4BD363-B86E-4395-BEF6-B3F49D2347C4.jpeg
    AC4BD363-B86E-4395-BEF6-B3F49D2347C4.jpeg
    111.4 KB · Views: 39
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 42

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
Just arrived at Disney wilderness lodge for some lunch. It’s a beautiful day out so I opted to enjoy it at Geyser Point. As reported elsewhere, it is now operating like a casual table service with a host seating you rather than seating yourself. This is a beautiful venue with sweeping views of Bay Lake and the resort grounds. Server is super friendly with great knowledge of the offerings.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 34

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
Were you seated at Geyser Point before or after placing your order? Or did the host take your order?

I was seated and then my order was taken. It looks like they’ve added some additional tables and chairs as well, but I’m sitting at the bar.

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
Did a lap around the grounds, lots of people out enjoying the pool! Looks like the buffalo that used to be out front has made it way to the gardens in the back of the main building. There was a manger out front with blue prints of the gardens planning some sort of thing. And multiple managers out around the pool taking notes of some sort. Headed to the boat launch now to MK.
0AB01957-6839-4058-AF06-0410183857C9.jpeg
7FFAF265-8350-4F64-BFE3-7B302636FF3B.jpeg
30863312-9511-4F39-9DFA-A6F0B1CA5D20.jpeg

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
So I didn’t end up doing pirates. Maybe in the morning tomorrow! I’ve left MK and met up with a friend at The Wave at the contemporary for a beverage. Have any of you ever gone there before? Servers are always great in the lounge and it’s a nice play to enjoy Disney hospitality without Mickeys everywhere ;). Had a Long Island and some apps. Now I’m headed to epcot with some friends to enjoy world Showcase, My favourite spot on property!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom