Marathon Weekend vs. Princess Weekend

rufio

Original Poster
This year I participated in my first EVER race with the Rival Run 5K. Despite the delays and the rain, I had an absolute blast and can't wait to do the next one! I've signed up for the 5K in November, but I'd love to sign up for a 10K in 2020. I saw that Marathon weekend sign-ups start tomorrow, which seems SO early! My dog sitter doesn't know if she's available yet (I live locally), so I'm on the fence about signing up, since I could end up having to drive out at 3am if she isn't. I'm wondering if you prefer Marathon Weekend or Princess Weekend and why? I'll only be doing the 10K max (doctors orders, bad knees), so I don't care about the half/marathon.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
One thing to consider - since there are 4 races on Marathon weekend, the 10k is on Friday morning and on other race weekends the 10k is on Saturday morning. If that would make a difference to you for whatever reason, it is something that you need to factor in.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I believe the course for both the Marathon 10K and Princess 10k are the same - Epcot. But as @Swissmiss stated, the Princess 10k is Saturday morning. I'd go with the Princess 10K - it's a fun weekend with lots of tutus, tiaras and glitter. I gather by your comment that even though you are local, you stay on property the night before the race?

rufio

Original Poster
One thing to consider - since there are 4 races on Marathon weekend, the 10k is on Friday morning and on other race weekends the 10k is on Saturday morning. If that would make a difference to you for whatever reason, it is something that you need to factor in.

I believe the course for both the Marathon 10K and Princess 10k are the same - Epcot. But as @Swissmiss stated, the Princess 10k is Saturday morning. I'd go with the Princess 10K - it's a fun weekend with lots of tutus, tiaras and glitter. I gather by your comment that even though you are local, you stay on property the night before the race?

I didn't realize that about the race days, but it makes sense! I would definitely be staying on property. No way am I driving to Disney World at 3 in the morning! XD

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I didn't realize that about the race days, but it makes sense! I would definitely be staying on property. No way am I driving to Disney World at 3 in the morning! XD

You'd need to probably start earlier than that, if driving, given the road closures.

Texas84

I have stayed at a timeshare on International before. Wake-up at 0300 and made it with plenty of time. Disney does a pretty good job getting the cars parked. The problem is the long walk back to your car after the race. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom