Mansion Pet Cemetary -RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignohippo

We don't know what the final plans are or if it will be returning in a different spot yet. I can't imagine that it's gone for good with all of the attention the HM queue has gotten over the last year.

disney fan 13

Well... sad to see it go, (even though it may only be temporary...) But not surprised since it was in the way of the construction of the restrooms.

MissM

Hrm, weird. A few weeks ago I took pics that looked like they were really going out of their way to preserve it.

Link: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=837004

I wonder if they need to rework the area further than they could without touching it. It did seem rather precarious in it's placement smack dab in the middle of the ongoing construction.

One can only hope it will come back once they finish the work that disrupted it. I'll be sad if it goes away for good. :(

ETA: Actually, looking at that picture, it doesn't look like it's showing the cemetery at all but rather the plot next to it BETWEEN the cemetery and the store. In fact, you can see the SAME green canvas "walls" on the left side of the photo that you can see surrounding the cemetery in the shots I posted in early May. I think they are mistaken in this shot.

MAF

You've got to be kidding me. First they put in that childish interactive garbage and now this? :fork:

WEDway1975

In fact, you can see the SAME green canvas "walls" on the left side of the photo that you can see surrounding the cemetery in the shots I posted in early May. I think they are mistaken in this shot.
Yeah I think your right.

YES MR.TOAD LIVES ON!!!!!!! :D

DznyRktekt

Original Poster
Hrm, weird. A few weeks ago I took pics that looked like they were really going out of their way to preserve it.

I wonder if they need to rework the area further than they could without touching it. It did seem rather precarious in it's placement smack dab in the middle of the ongoing construction.

One can only hope it will come back once they finish the work that disrupted it. I'll be sad if it goes away for good. :(

ETA: Actually, looking at that picture, it doesn't look like it's showing the cemetery at all but rather the plot next to it BETWEEN the cemetery and the store. In fact, you can see the SAME green canvas "walls" on the left side of the photo that you can see surrounding the cemetery in the shots I posted in early May. I think they are mistaken in this shot.

I hope you are correct. That would make my day.

Vernonpush

I think you're right Miss M. The bent tree in the upper right corner of your photo is between the Cemetary and the 'CAT' machinery. Micechat has it wrong.

MissM

To help with the visual:

hm1b.jpg

Green canvas barrier. Section is between cemetery and shop.

wdw-may12-hm2b.jpg

Same green canvas barrier and the area under construction next to the cemetery and between the cemetery and the shop.

Someone needs to go further into the exit area to see if it's really been disturbed or not!

KevinYee

The pet cemetery is still there. I took that same photo of the Cat on the hill. I'll let them know to update the Micechat page. Someone on the other side of the country probably misunderstood the photo.

DznyRktekt

Original Poster
The pet cemetery is still there. I took that same photo of the Cat on the hill. I'll let them know to update the Micechat page. Someone on the other side of the country probably misunderstood the photo.

Column has been updated already. That was quick!

elfshadowreaper

I always liked the isolatedness of HM back in the day. It seemed like it was kinda in the woods. Now they put shops and stuff right next to it. I hope they put trees or something back behind the pet cemetery.

MissM

Awesome! And glad I was able to help catch the error. Whew!

rodserling27

Did MiceAge actually say "look it's gone" or was this pure speculation on someone's part after looking at the photo?

Victor Kelly

Sweet lord almighty, that area looks terrible. All the trees are gone. That area is going to be so congested now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom