Mannheim Steamroller 2023?

Schweino

Original Poster
We are considering an Orlando trip 11/30 - 12/5 and doing 2 Universal days on 12/1 and 12/2. I was hoping there would be some details about Mannheim Steamroller for this year but I can't find any.

Any thoughts when that is finalized?

JoeCamel

We are considering an Orlando trip 11/30 - 12/5 and doing 2 Universal days on 12/1 and 12/2. I was hoping there would be some details about Mannheim Steamroller for this year but I can't find any.

Hmmmmm

man.PNG

Dollywood? Nice Christmas there and it might even be cool

Schweino

Original Poster
@JoeCamel so I looked at 2022 tour archives and Universal is not on the list, even though they were there the first two weekends.

Admittingly I don't know a darn thing about them, but my guess is that only *some* members of the orchestra play at Universal and the *main* cohort does it's tour around the country.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No

According to Mannheim Steamroller's press archives, they didn't announce their Universal shows until November 14 last year. So it seems like if they play this year, it will be another "last minute" announcement.
Hmmmmm

View attachment 738923

Dollywood? Nice Christmas there and it might even be cool
Dollywood is in Pigeon Forge, TN not Asheville.
@JoeCamel so I looked at 2022 tour archives and Universal is not on the list, even though they were there the first two weekends.

Admittingly I don't know a darn thing about them, but my guess is that only *some* members of the orchestra play at Universal and the *main* cohort does it's tour around the country.
Mannheim Steamroller, like the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, have two seperate bands that tour the same show across the country each season. One performs on the "East" Coast and the other on the "West" Coast. In the two times I've seen MS at Universal, the folks playing those concerts are not the same as the performers on the main tour; and you typically get to see the founder of Mannheim Steamroller, Chip Davis, conduct the Universal set.

DCBaker

Premium Member

Universal announced the dates for the Mannheim Steamroller performances today.

Mannheim Steamroller at Universal Studios Florida
The top-selling holiday artist of all time, Mannheim Steamroller, will return to Universal Studios Florida to get guests into the holiday spirit with live performances on December 2, 3, 9 and 10.

celluloid

Actually, Universal gets Chip Davis, who IS technically Manheim Steamroller, as it was his alias and there have always been an orchestra under him as the composer. It is singular and plural.

71jason

Caught it again this year. It's a fine show. But it's also the same show -- literally, same set list, same jokes, same video of Davis' daughter singing "Greensleeves" -- that I saw when my friends' infant was in a stroller. He's 12 now. Even though they cut her song from the parade, wish they'd bring Darlene Love back.

celluloid

Caught it again this year. It's a fine show. But it's also the same show -- literally, same set list, same jokes, same video of Davis' daughter singing "Greensleeves" -- that I saw when my friends' infant was in a stroller. He's 12 now. Even though they cut her song from the parade, wish they'd bring Darlene Love back.

That's a fair critique. At least it is a concert included and not a hard ticket event with a repeat show. Chip is I think is about done, as he is up there in age so I respect that he is still willing to do it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom