Mannheim Meets the Mouse

diddy_mouse

Original Poster
I got a CD recently called "Mannheim Steamroller Meets the Mouse" and was curious if the music was ever used as park background music? If you know Mannheim Steamroller it's instrumental synthesized music (kinda relaxing actually.) It definitely sounds like it could have been used in a gift shop or at night after the parks close or even at the reorts.

Any thoughts?

DisneyFanLS

I've got that CD....I LOVE IT!!! However, in SOME of the songs, you really have to listen close to hear the classic Disney melody lines....If you like the Mannheim Steamroller Christmas stuff...you'll LOVE it!!!

Joevn

I've heard it played in the World of Disney store but that was years ago and probably around when the CD was relatively new. My guess is they were probably playing it for advertisement's sake (like at Barnes and Noble) rather than that being the background music for the store, but that's just my guess.

Joe

Chernabog

I agree, I heard it in some of the stores when it was first released but haven't hear dit anywhere else since then. I own this CD and absolutly love it. I play it in the background of my apartment when I'm putting around. Also, I'm a campus rep for the college program here and we play it in the background before the presentation starts. Tons of people always ask me about it.

Epcot82Guy

I personally think the CD is great but have never heard it (sure there are licensing issues there). Personally, I thought When You Wish Upon a Star would be awesome as a nightly "transition show" within the contemporary. Have stars imbedded in the railings and a light show making the lights darker blues and purples from the traditional oranges, pinks, etc.

gsimpson

During Christmas

I heard a couple of their pieces being played by the Winter Arch between FW and WS. I liked the songs so much I found the person in the control booth and asked what they were. I wend out a bought a couple of their albums after that.

swimmom

Mannheim Steamroller is one of my favorites and I love their Disney CD. One year I listened to the CD for a month everytime I went tanning. It was really relaxing and exciting at the same time as our trip drew closer.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I recieved the cd as a gift a few years ago and it's one of my favorites.

bgraham34 are you attending any of the NJ meets they are setting up? I will be at the North NJ meet on Sept 9 at the Rockaway Twnsq Mall at Sweet Maggies.

Pam

mkepcotmgmak

i've had that cd for YEARS... i had forgotten all about it! I think when i got the DAK soundtrack it took over as my 'relaxing' disney cd... haha. thanks for bringing it up!

Tom

Beta Return
Because of this thread, I just placed an order on amazon for this CD. I love Mannheim....and I love Disney music......

I saw their Christmas Concert in Indy a few years ago - WOW!

DisneyFanLS

Mannheim was in Atlanta last Christmas, but I didn't get to see them :cry: ....I would LOVE to see them LIVE!!! I got to see Yanni live (okay fellas...hold the jokes) and I loved the concert so I imagine that Mannheim would be GREAT!!! I hope they come back this year!!! :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom