Mandalorian game rumored from Respawn (Cancelled, apparently)

Mike S

Original Poster
Title says it all.
According to sources, the game will see the player take control of a Mandalorian bounty hunter (unclear who) set during the time when the Galactic Empire is dominating across the galaxy. It’s your job, as a bounty hunter to capture bounties dead or alive for cash rewards.
The game’s high mobility has been made possible storytelling-wise thanks to the Mandalorian’s jetpack, which allows the player to perform horizontal dashing, vertical jumping, boost sliding (somewhat similar to sliding down hills in Apex Legends), and more. Sources described the game as “very fast-paced” and as such will reward players who play in this style; for example, the player’s health will mainly regenerate based on successive kills.
Sounds pretty good to me.

erasure fan1

This sounds like it will fill the void that star wars 1313 left after shortsighted Iger canceled it. I would love to see it kind of follow the Arkham series blue print. A large area or two that you can explore, take missions, upgrade gear... The only thing that will tick me off is if they shove some sort of live service into it.

Mike S

Original Poster
This sounds like it will fill the void that star wars 1313 left after shortsighted Iger canceled it. I would love to see it kind of follow the Arkham series blue print. A large area or two that you can explore, take missions, upgrade gear... The only thing that will tick me off is if they shove some sort of live service into it.
Same developers as Jedi Fallen Order and Jedi Survivor so I doubt it’ll be live service. Or at least I hope not.

Btw the Jedi games are two more that are on my list to play if I end up getting a Steam Deck.

erasure fan1

Same developers as Jedi Fallen Order and Jedi Survivor so I doubt it’ll be live service. Or at least I hope not.
Unfortunately any studio that is under the thumb of EA, isn't safe from being forced into stupid things.
Btw the Jedi games are two more that are on my list to play if I end up getting a Steam Deck.
I haven't played survivor yet, but fallen order was really good. I'm not a fan of souls like games, but this one isn't to bad. It is a lot more forgiving than a souls game.

Mike S

Original Poster
Unfortunately any studio that is under the thumb of EA, isn't safe from being forced into stupid things.
True.
I haven't played survivor yet, but fallen order was really good. I'm not a fan of souls like games, but this one isn't to bad. It is a lot more forgiving than a souls game.
All I care about is that the devs made a Star Wars game and said they were inspired by Metroid Prime. That’s literally all I need to hear and
Futurama Buy GIF

erasure fan1

Its not all that surprising given it's an ea studio. They'll let them have their Jedi series as their pet project. But single player games with no real ongoing monetization, will struggle to see the light at ea.

Mike S

Original Poster
Its not all that surprising given it's an ea studio. They'll let them have their Jedi series as their pet project. But single player games with no real ongoing monetization, will struggle to see the light at ea.
That and AAA gaming is falling apart under the weight of its own budgets. The biggest games this year have all come from smaller studios so far and they’re selling AAA numbers.

erasure fan1

That and AAA gaming is falling apart under the weight of its own budgets. The biggest games this year have all come from smaller studios so far and they’re selling AAA numbers.
That's very true. It's much easier to say I'll take a $30 flyer on a palworld than a $70 skull and bones. Especially seeing how games like suicide squad, gotham Knights, skull and bones, redfall... Have turned out

Mike S

Original Poster
That's very true. It's much easier to say I'll take a $30 flyer on a palworld than a $70 skull and bones. Especially seeing how games like suicide squad, gotham Knights, skull and bones, redfall... Have turned out
While they’re not immune to their own mistakes it seems more and more as time goes on that Nintendo is the only one that really knows how to navigate this industry. They don’t over hire thus they never need to lay people off and in hindsight it seems they knew where this focus on photorealistic blockbusters would eventually lead. If the rumor that the next Switch is only as powerful as a PS4 is true, I say it’s a good thing. There’s still plenty of games releasing for last gen anyway.

erasure fan1

If the rumor that the next Switch is only as powerful as a PS4 is true, I say it’s a good thing. There’s still plenty of games releasing for last gen anyway.
If they were still making games for my Xbox 360, I would be happy. I'm still playing games from my backlog on it, and I am alwaysimpressed at how good they hold up still. I just got around to playing assassin's Creed rogue, and couldn't believe how well it held up visually. The ps4 and Xone could have easily kept going for a couple more years at least. The PS5 and series X are an extreme letdown in my opinion. Not because they're bad machines, but they haven't met their game potential. Covid hurt for sure. But we're well past that and we still aren't seeing the software.

Mike S

Original Poster
If they were still making games for my Xbox 360, I would be happy. I'm still playing games from my backlog on it, and I am alwaysimpressed at how good they hold up still. I just got around to playing assassin's Creed rogue, and couldn't believe how well it held up visually. The ps4 and Xone could have easily kept going for a couple more years at least. The PS5 and series X are an extreme letdown in my opinion. Not because they're bad machines, but they haven't met their game potential. Covid hurt for sure. But we're well past that and we still aren't seeing the software.
Technically the PS4 and XBone are still going. Also games like Rogue have gotten remasters. If I want to I can buy it on Switch bundled with Black Flag. Theres actually A LOT of PS360 games available on Switch. One I’ll maybe eventually get around to is Bioshock.

erasure fan1

Technically the PS4 and XBone are still going. Also games like Rogue have gotten remasters. If I want to I can buy it on Switch bundled with Black Flag. Theres actually A LOT of PS360 games available on Switch. One I’ll maybe eventually get around to is Bioshock.
Oh man, you need to play bioshock. It is fantastic. I was never a big first person shooter fan. It seemed they were all about the action and not so much the narrative up to that point. Bioshock was the game that really opened my mind to FPSs being fantastic cinematic experiences. The first is the best, then 3 then 2 in my opinion.

Mike S

Original Poster
Oh man, you need to play bioshock. It is fantastic. I was never a big first person shooter fan. It seemed they were all about the action and not so much the narrative up to that point. Bioshock was the game that really opened my mind to FPSs being fantastic cinematic experiences. The first is the best, then 3 then 2 in my opinion.
The whole collection goes on sale frequently for $10. Maybe once I clear out more of my backlog lol

Mike S

Original Poster
I wish you luck with your backlog. I've been trying for 25+ years to get it down. It hasn't worked really well though. Lol
I like to focus on one game at a time so I don't usually buy a lot of games but there were sales I wanted to take advantage of. I’m on the last dungeon of the Link’s Awakening remake and once I’m done with that I’m starting the new Prince of Persia which is actually my first in the series. I got it because I saw favorable comparisons to Metroid Dread. After that I have the OG Doom trilogy and then I’ll have to get back to Alien Isolation and Tears of the Kingdom, both started and never finished. Not to mention I want to get the Thousand Year Door, Luigi’s Mansion 2, and Epic Mickey remakes/remasters.

It’s a great thing that I quit Fortnite so I can focus on these lol

erasure fan1

I’m on the last dungeon of the Link’s Awakening remake
To show my backlog age, I just finished the actual Gameboy cart of links awakening just about a year ago. And I'm on the last stage of super Mario 3 for nes. I've had red dead 2 since about 9 months after it released and only made it through the prologue. So that's hopefully the next major game I tackle. Oh and I finished Rise of the tomb raider last week so that finished off that trilogy for me.
I’m starting the new Prince of Persia which is actually my first in the series. I got it because I saw favorable comparisons to Metroid Dread.
I was a huge fan of Prince of Persia when they were remade for Xbox and ps2. Hopefully the remake of sands of time is great. The trilogy was really good. I am very interested in the new game as I'm a huge Metroidvania fan. And this looked like that and has pretty good reviews.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom