Mandalorian and Grogu meet and greet for Walt Disney World

mm52200

Is there any reason, though, WDW is less able to make costumes than any of the other resorts or than they were in the past? Presumably even for the characters that do appear regularly they have to produce new costumes fairly frequently.

I guess I'm sincerely just asking whether there is some reason WDW has less characters available to them or if they're just choosing to put out a smaller collection of characters for one reason or another.
They are putting out the characters they want to put out. Only thing holding them back is the amount of money they feel like spending on the costumes they wish to purchase and maintain for their daily ops lineup.

bcoachable

I believe it's time for us to acknowledge the ridiculously high standards we've set for this beloved franchise. It seems that every time a new movie or show is released, we are quick to criticize and pick it apart, forgetting the joy and excitement that we felt when we first discovered this universe.

I remember when fans first criticized the original trilogy for the inclusion of the Ewoks in Return of the Jedi. Fast forward to the prequel trilogy, and suddenly everyone was complaining about Jar Jar Binks and the overuse of CGI. Now, with the sequel trilogy, it seems like fans are never satisfied, constantly nitpicking and comparing it to the original trilogy.

But here's the thing: the sequels are actually very enjoyable. Yes, they may have their flaws, but so do the original and prequel trilogies. The beauty of Star Wars is that it has always been a space opera, with epic battles between good and evil, memorable characters, and incredible world-building. The sequels deliver all of these elements in spades.

If you're a fan of The Mandalorian, then there's no reason why you can't enjoy the sequels as well. Both have the same heart and spirit of adventure that have made Star Wars so beloved. And let's not forget the incredible performances from Adam Driver, Daisy Ridley, and John Boyega, who bring a new depth and complexity to the franchise.

So let's stop holding Star Wars to impossibly high standards and instead embrace the joy and excitement that it brings. May the Force be with us all!

As a lifelong Disney fan, I've always felt a special connection to the magic and wonder that Disney brings to our lives. And being a part of a community of people who share that love and appreciation for all things Disney is really amazing.

I just wanted to take a moment to express my gratitude for the respectful and open-minded discussions that I've seen taking place here at WDW Magic. It's so important that we can all share our opinions and viewpoints in a way that is supportive and constructive, and I'm really glad to see that happening here.

So, thank you all for being a part of this community and for respecting each other's opinions. I'm really looking forward to getting to know all of you and sharing our love for Disney together!
I don’t disagree with the exception that at least Mando shows are well written and have a plot line that can be somewhat followed, whereas the final trilogy was not. (IMO, of course)

Piebald

Back to the topic, I saw Mando today and it was very well done. We wandered into GE and went by where he comes out and there were a few people waiting. After a few minutes I look behind me and there's about 50 people waiting. It's very similar to TDR where people surround the characters and he chooses who to interact with or if someone politely asks he has a good witty answer. But after the initial few minutes it seemed chaotic and we took some pictures and walked away. He moved about 10 feet and there had to be a hundred people around him.

He did interact heavily with people who were dressed up and kids with apparel more than anything.

Furiated!

Do we know when's the last set? I can only go after 5 because of the stupid Pixie pass

I was watching a live stream yesterday (Meyers and the Mouse I think? Jenna from RTV1 was there too). They were at the spot waiting for Mando and were told that he's only out until 5:30. Not sure how official that is or isn't.

MagicHappens1971

I was watching a live stream yesterday (Meyers and the Mouse I think? Jenna from RTV1 was there too). They were at the spot waiting for Mando and were told that he's only out until 5:30. Not sure how official that is or isn't.
I’ve seen something that has implied a 10ish-5ish time for his sets which matches most of the new M&Gs they’ve introduced @ DHS. I forget where. I also don’t think they’d want mando out after sunset, I’m sure the visibility in that costume isn’t good.

Touchdown

I’ve seen something that has implied a 10ish-5ish time for his sets which matches most of the new M&Gs they’ve introduced @ DHS. I forget where. I also don’t think they’d want mando out after sunset, I’m sure the visibility in that costume isn’t good.
Sir the Mandolorians are renounced warriors who use those helmets in space how dare you imply the visibility of their helmets are poor!

Piebald

I think his last appearance is 5:15 if they go by the usual scheduling. He came out at 3:15 when we walked into the park.

ppete1975

Just out of curiosity, why wouldn't WDW have as many costumed characters available to them? For example, what is stopping them from adding Kronk, Kuzco, and Yzma meet-and-greets somewhere if they so desire? The costumes exist and have been used for a lot of characters that you never see anymore, so I'm not sure what is keeping them from putting a greater variety out there beyond not wanting to.
They are cheap? Paris has like every costume available, Disneyland seems to have something new all the time esp for their special events, disney world doesnt seem to ever get nearly as many. I dont know how much the costumes are shared between sites, I figured it was more a capex and each park spent what they wanted on costumes (well the board that dictates for all parks), and WDW doesnt prioritize costumes.

Furiated!

I can confirm that he did come out today at 10:15. Trying to get a photo is a nightmare. I love to see the characters roaming, but I wish there was a better and more orderly way to do pictures. Maybe have him roaming during the day and then have a proper Meet and Greet in Launch Bay at night.

Furiated!

He stayed out from 10:15 to 10:30. I checked back in 15 minute intervals and as of 11:30, he hasn't come back out. Lots of people hanging out in the area.

Piebald

He stayed out from 10:15 to 10:30. I checked back in 15 minute intervals and as of 11:30, he hasn't come back out. Lots of people hanging out in the area.
Sadly I think the key is to wait by where he comes out to get a good picture or video of them. We got some excellent pictures of them solo then one with my wife who politely asked and he posed, but then we ran off. It was very packed. And Saturday was relatively slow at the park, so I can't imagine a super busy day.

Rise was a posted 70min wait and it was basically walk on. Not sure about Falcon since we didn't do it but either it was a slow day or 90% of the people in GE were just waiting for Grogu lol

Furiated!

11:30 ish I left to go do rides but swung back around 12:06 just to take a look. It was completely empty, so he must have been out again and had just left. So maybe 11:30 but he was a bit late coming out, or 11:45.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Not sure when this was added, but I think it is a recent addition - The Mandalorian appearance times are now available in My Disney Experience.

IMG_F0D5D9215D8B-1.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom