Managment Question

BSikor

Original Poster
Just a quick question... Does any have any info reguarding managment within Walt Disney World? I was a cast member almost 10 years ago and would like to move back to Orlando and go back to Disney. I am currently a restaurant manager for a national restaurant company. I have over five years experience and was wondering if anyone has any details or information about managment positions (Restaurant, Resort, etc.), pay range, benifit options, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Monorail Lime

They like to fill most management roles from within but since you have lots of related management experience and are a former cast member you shouldn't have much trouble getting in... if there are any vacant roles, that is. Best way to find out is give yourself a mini-vacation to WDW and swing by casting.

cm1988

Sounds like you have the necessary experience. Now, the tough part is distinguishing yourself from the tens of thousands of other resumes that get sent to casting... or are posted on monster.com (WDW does look there)

The only answer I know is networking, which means things like professional associations, school ties, common acquaintenances.

As was noted above, most line management positions are promotions from within. WDW has (at least in the past) run management training programs within various operating areas. Maybe you heard of some when you were here before. But as you very likely remember the programs themselves are competitive.

Advancement at WDW (maybe everywhere these days) is 'a long row to hoe'.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom