Man suing Disney World because he was asked to movešŸ˜‘

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I proposed at WDW. It seemed like a no brainer to call them up before our trip and review my options to make sure there would be no issues when the moment came to propose. Sure enough, Disney bent over backwards in assisting me and making sure it went down smoothly.

If this man had called ahead or spoke with Guest Relations when they arrived, he could have avoided this and most likely had some help from the CM's to make it magical. That is if it truly was a proposal, or at least if he cared enough about such an important moment in their relationship to insure that there would not be any problems.

geekza

gotta have goals. lots of people feel wronged for stuff that isn't justified. while some think their cause is just, many are just seeking the easy dollar.

the selective outrage in our country right now is at a hilt. and yes, we can blame the lawyers. and social media. both are banes on society, and contribute to the degredation of mankind.
Alas, Social Media is simply a tool. It's the willingness of the people using it to make snap value judgements based upon quick glances at unsourced articles and accusations that is the problem. The stupid was always there; Social Media just amplifies it.

Tom P.

That would give him the ability to not spend money at the parks. You think they're going to take someone's ability to do that away for something as silly as him assaulting a cast member?
Yes. Yes, I think they would. What a ludicrous statement.

Disney may be greedy and may make lots of cash grabs, but no, they aren't going to put someone's safety in jeopardy to do so.

BigThunderMatt

Yes. Yes, I think they would. What a ludicrous statement.

Disney may be greedy and may make lots of cash grabs, but no, they aren't going to put someone's safety in jeopardy to do so.

Except they don't. And they haven't. I used to work Main Street Ops and saw this kind of crap happen NIGHTLY. All security does is remove the guest from the situation, tell them to be good and let them go on their merry way. I'm shocked management even managed to make it to the scene in this situation. Typically they'd be hiding up in their offices at parade and fireworks times.

Disone

Except they don't. And they haven't. I used to work Main Street Ops and saw this kind of crap happen NIGHTLY. All security does is remove the guest from the situation, tell them to be good and let them go on their merry way. I'm shocked management even managed to make it to the scene in this situation. Typically they'd be hiding up in their offices at parade and fireworks times.
Bitter?

But Yes, guests do get away with too much. Still, your surprise surprises me. Especially since you work Main Street Ops, I'm sure this is cannot be the first arrest you have heard of, heck even seen.

Last edited:

EPCOTCenterLover

Alas, Social Media is simply a tool. It's the willingness of the people using it to make snap value judgements based upon quick glances at unsourced articles and accusations that is the problem. The stupid was always there; Social Media just amplifies it.

Social Media is a vessel. The guy was a tool.

BigThunderMatt

Bitter?

But Yes, guests do get away with too much. Still, your surprise surprises me. Especially since you work Main Street Ops, I'm sure this is cannot be the first arrest you have heard of, heck even seen.

For drug infractions and public intoxication, absolutely. But I've literally seen people get decked in the face and walk away scot-free. Security had a bad habit of not wanting to pursue these situations because their management didn't want to deal with all the paperwork.

As far as being bitter is concerned? I worked a variety of locations and roles in my time at WDW. Main Street Ops, specifically Parade Audience Control, was equivalent to working in the ninth circle of hell. I'd rather go and work the most menial and degrading retail/food job before I'd ever work in that area again. I got spit in my face more times than I can count for telling people they couldn't stand in the middle of what was essentially an emergency walkway that paramedics could use if needed just because they showed up 5 minutes after the parade started and wanted a primo spot. Lack of planning on your part doesn't constitute an emergency on my part, people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom