Man robs bank to pay for Disney cruise

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
I've thought about it.

I'm guessing he booked for himself and the girlfriend but didn't book the kids. I would have left the kids at the port. They would have been fine for a couple days in the car.

Tom

Beta Return
Would you tell me you were robbing a bank to get enough money for your girlfriend's kids to go on a Disney cruise with you or for hookers and crystal meth?

We were able to pre-pay for both of those last March. The method wasn't street grade but the hooker also cleaned our stateroom.

MickeyPeace

Funny I was offered a free cruise by a friend who works on the new ship-magic , wonder, memories, whatever its called. Rob a bank? Can't get me to get on it for free!
I wish Disney didn't spend billions on cruises and put it into the parks instead.
My opinion.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Would you tell me you were robbing a bank to get enough money for your girlfriend's kids to go on a Disney cruise with you or for hookers and crystal meth?
This is undoubtedly the case - however we can't entirely rule out the possibility that the type of person that tries to pull off a heist of this manner is also the same type of person who might think you can throw the family in the car and just stroll on up and get "tickets" to ride that big sweet a$$ boat.

Tom

Beta Return
This is undoubtedly the case - however we can't entirely rule out the possibility that the type of person that tries to pull off a heist of this manner is also the same type of person who might think you can throw the family in the car and just stroll on up and get "tickets" to ride that big sweet a$$ boat.

Good point. They are very similar demographics.

JIMINYCR

I know people think Disney cruises are pricey but robbing a bank pricey??? :confused:
Dang... And I thought saving bottles and cans was the way to do it. Guess he needed a little bit extra for the tips and souvenirs. Now where did I put my gun? Honey... I'll be right back, I'm gonna go visit the bank for a second.

LucyK

He could have tried working instead. It does take a little while but you can get all the money you need to go to a Disney cruise.

lunchbox1175

Why do all the crazy people live in or come to Florida?

Why not Texas or something? (Not to pick on Texas, I love it, God Bless Texas. If I didn't live here, I'd live there.)

I feel badly for the kids who thought they were going on a cruise with Mickey Mouse and instead had to witness and be a part of all that. :(

Oh...don't worry there are plenty of crazies her in texas...I feel horrible for the kids...they thought they were going on a fun cruise and then had to deal with all of that.

Darth Tater

I don't get it. How was he in Florida to go on his cruise but he needed to rob a bank to pay for it? The paid-in-full deadline for Disney Cruise Line is 75 days prior to sailing. I've heard of getting to Orlando early in case something comes up you don't miss your cruise but, geez! 75 days early??? I dunno, y'all. The math ain't addin' up for me. If he was down there for his cruise he'd have had to be paid-in-full. I believe they pull the cruises off the website 3 days prior to sailing. He may have claimed it was to pay for a Disney cruise but I think that's a little off from the whole truth.
^Exactly.
2 + 2 is not equaling 4 in this story's simple logic. Maybe this was a gag/joke article, or possibly the whole cruise thing was some cover-up excuse. But you certainly pointed out a major plot hole in this incident.

Did Knee

I don't get it. How was he in Florida to go on his cruise but he needed to rob a bank to pay for it? The paid-in-full deadline for Disney Cruise Line is 75 days prior to sailing. I've heard of getting to Orlando early in case something comes up you don't miss your cruise but, geez! 75 days early??? I dunno, y'all. The math ain't addin' up for me. If he was down there for his cruise he'd have had to be paid-in-full. I believe they pull the cruises off the website 3 days prior to sailing. He may have claimed it was to pay for a Disney cruise but I think that's a little off from the whole truth.
here is a potential scenario where this makes sense (in a twisted way). He paid for the cruise, but figured he could knock off a bank at the last minute, get on the ship and sail to a foreign country with the money and just not come back.

bsiev1977

^Exactly.
2 + 2 is not equaling 4 in this story's simple logic. Maybe this was a gag/joke article, or possibly the whole cruise thing was some cover-up excuse. But you certainly pointed out a major plot hole in this incident.
Just because the guy may have mentioned the cruise, doesn't mean he was actually booked in any way.
Have any news stories mentioned whether DCL has confirmed/denied the people involved actually being booked?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom