man fall off tram this morning

nmj91385

Gee... Let's think moving tram, told not to retrieve things that fall out, or to try and exit the tram while it is in motion, but hey they don't know what they're talking about. Let's take a jump out and see what happens. DUH!!:brick:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Grandchild: "mommy.... im tired of walking. my feet hurt"

Mother: "im sorry sweetheart, grandpa has to ride in your stroller all day since he is a moron and jumped off the tram. the doctor told him to stay off his feet"

:lookaroun

kevlightyear

Just a friendly reminder to all: this is a REAL man, and while you may not know his name, and he may not know yours, there still should be a sense of decorum on these boards. Don't say anything here that you wouldn't say to his face. :wave:

Epcot82Guy

Welcome to Tram Ride: Green Team Less Intense Travel. If you suffer from motion sickness, uncontrolled leaping, or the occassional suicidal thought, you might want to sit this one out. Riding to the front gate of the park is intense. Oh, and when you hear the noise, *beep beep*, you'll wanna hold on.

Seriously, though, the safety spiels are there for a reason. I hope he recovers fully and (with absolutely all due respect) understands the lesson/mistake in his actions.

maggiegrace1

Just a friendly reminder to all: this is a REAL man, and while you may not know his name, and he may not know yours, there still should be a sense of decorum on these boards. Don't say anything here that you wouldn't say to his face. :wave:
I would say everything that everyone here has posted to his face....
I really would..
Not to be mean..but that was the dumbest thing ever..
I would tell my father he was dumb if he did that.
Im glad he will be okay but that was stupid...:wave:

SpongeScott

There should also be a sense of decorum for riding on trams.

But know you know wht they have to say stupid things before a ride like, "no standing or exiting the ride while the vehicle is in motion". And what makes me sick is that this guy will more than likely sue Disney because there is not a sign that says DONT JUMP OFF THE TRAM. :hurl:

PKD

Only two hours old and already over 30 post. All it takes is one S.M.A.R.T. guest to get us going. That stroller must have been made out of gold for him to jump off!!

JuanD_20k

Good - it sounds like he'll be ok. I'll bet he feels stupid and won't be doing that again! How fast do those trams usually go anyway?

12.5 mph top speed ... people jumping off happens more often than you think. Some kids jumped off a tram I was on at Epcot because they wanted to go to the busses instead of the parking lot. One of them landed pretty hard, looked to be injured, but ran off, people get a little crazy when on those trams. Its surprising that he hit his head and got airlifted though.
Good job CM's

Mark my word. By the end of the week, there will be seat belts on the trams. :brick:

Well they are working on a project to install gates at the ends of the seats so people do not fall off the side while in motion. While i was there i saw the protype being pulled behind a Tram Maintenance Truck to the Disney Transport area under the Monorail parking barn. So you know never know if those that will happen faster and be put on all of them.

tigsmom

12.5 mph top speed ... people jumping off happens more often than you think. Some kids jumped off a tram I was on at Epcot because they wanted to go to the busses instead of the parking lot. One of them landed pretty hard, looked to be injured, but ran off, people get a little crazy when on those trams. Its surprising that he hit his head and got airlifted though.
Good job CM's

I watched the news video that was posted...It seems to be standard procedure at WDW that a head injury gets you airlifted (at least thats what the reporter was told by the powers that be).

No surprising that he hit his head, its hard to jump off of a moving vehicle and land on your feet. And as for all of the people saying he was stupid, etc...I bet he never even stopped to think about it, just saw the stroller go and jumped.

1disneydood

I rolled out of an ElCamino passenger door going about 35 around a u turn once. Hit so hard my tied shoes flew off. Door latch was broken and, yadda yadda yadda we were stupid kids. I had my arm around my ex (gf back then) and accidentally pulled her out with me as I was trying to hold on and NOT fly out. It hurt real bad. REAL BAD enough to knock my breath out. I feel sorry for the guy, I wouldn't be able to vacation with injuries I had from my accident. Hopefully he wasnt hurting as bad and didn't have the road rash as bad as me.

Montu

Ok... am I the only one who saw the title of this thread and thought that Maelstrom Rocks (!!1!etc) was back?

"Man fall off tram"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom