man fall off tram this morning

lscott933

Original Poster
ORLANDO, Fla. -- A man fell off a tram in a Walt Disney World parking lot on Monday morning.

Officials said the tram was approaching the ticketing area of the Magic Kingdom when the 50-year-old man fell, WESH 2 News reported.

The Reedy Creek Fire Department got a call about 930am. Rescuers said they found the man on the ground. They treated him before he was airlifted to Orlando Regional Medical Center.

They said that step was taken as a precaution.

The man was conscious and alert when rescue personnel treated him.

He apparently suffered a head injury, officials said.

imagineersrock

Just heard an update on the local news, apparently he's now a 49-year-old man who was riding on the tram... his family's personal stroller fell off the tram (while in motion) and he decided to jump off the (moving) tram to try and retrieve it.

In doing so, he fell and suffered a head injury.

SpongeScott

Just heard an update on the local news, apparently he's now a 49-year-old man who was riding on the tram... his family's personal stroller fell off the tram (while in motion) and he decided to jump off the (moving) tram to try and retrieve it.

and we all know that you are told NOT to retrieve items that you may lose while the tram is in motion. :brick:

WDWFanatic

Ah thanks for getting the ENTIRE story. I thought is was those castmembers doing tram donuts in the parking lots! People are always falling out during that.

tigsmom

Man conscious, alert after jump off tram at Disney

Scott Powers
Sentinel Staff Writer

October 30, 2006, 11:32 AM EST

A 49-year-old man who reportedly jumped off a parking lot tram at Walt Disney World fell and hit his head and was transported to Orlando Regional Medical Center this morning.

The man, at Disney with his wife, daughter and grandchildren, leaped off the parking lot tram after a family stroller fell off in the Magic Kingdom parking lot, said Walt Disney World spokesman Jacob DiPietre.

The incident occurred around 9:30 a.m. The man was conscious and alert and taken to the hospital "as a precautionary measure" but did not appear have life-threatening injuries, he said. <cite>Copyright © 2006, Orlando Sentinel </cite>

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes

argh!! Stupid people!! :brick::brick::brick::brick::brick:

maelstrom

I thought it was common sense not to jump out of a moving vehicle.

I know someone who did that. Except it was a car moving about 70 mph on the highway. He fell into a coma and later died.

Nemo14

A couple of years ago when we were iding the tram my nephews hat blew off. The van came along and picked it up and the hat actually arrived before he did. So we figured that next time we'll just all jump off the tram and catch a fast ride! :rolleyes:

jk - don't try this at home kiddies....

hokielutz

I hope the guest will get out of the hospital quickly today so the rest of his family's vacation is not put on hold.

But I have to tell you that this is the Dee dee-dee story of the week. :brick: :brick: Those trams can really zip along and it really would've been bad if he jumped-tram near a median with trees, lamp posts, or other permanent fixtures of the parking lot

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom