News Man caught camping on Discovery Island...

peter11435

I never said they didn’t own the shoreline?

But is it obvious you’re trespassing? I’m just playing devils advocate from a legal perspective. The guy most likely new exactly what he was doing.

The whole thing may be fenced, I don’t know.
I don’t know if there is a fence. But you’d have to travel across a Perimeter canal and through thick woods for several thousand feet with no paths. And once on the island he would have had to know he was trespassing when inside abandoned facilities

JoeCamel

I never said they didn’t own the shoreline?

But is it obvious you’re trespassing? I’m just playing devils advocate from a legal perspective. The guy most likely new exactly what he was doing.

The whole thing may be fenced, I don’t know.
If you enter someone's property without permission, even if you didn't know (hey, you do know it isn't yours right?) then you broke the law. Simple. The lake shore is owned by TWDC in it's entirety.

TrainsOfDisney

I don’t know if there is a fence. But you’d have to travel across a Perimeter canal and through thick woods for several thousand feet with no paths. And once on the island he would have had to know he was trespassing when inside abandoned facilities

There is not a perimeter canal and there is an access road right off of a public road. Now I can’t imagine that access road is not fenced with signage but it’s very easy access.

The access road is a little longer than the length of Main Street USA.

Last edited:

peter11435

There is not a perimeter canal and there is an access road right off of a public road. Now I can’t imagine that access road is not fenced with signage but it’s very easy access.
There is a canal between bay lake and any off property housing and definitely no access road to bay lake.

Wait, are you referring to the Bay Ct area?

TrainsOfDisney

The bay court area and those houses are not exactly off property. Those houses make up the city of bay lake. The residents are chosen by Disney and are Disney employees. It’s part of the functioning of RCID. There is a fence and gate across bay ct just off reams road.

Gotcha. I saw the fence before the houses in satellite view, but nothing in between reams road and the access road. I can’t see a fence at the access road but I sure would think there must be one.

peter11435

Gotcha. I saw the fence before the houses in satellite view, but nothing in between reams road and the access road. I can’t see a fence at the access road but I sure would think there must be one.
The fence and gate are about 200 feet in from Reams. Right where the asphalt changes color. It’s well marked with signage at that point that it is private property.

If you interested there is a similar set up for the City of Lake Buena Vista. Just look for Royal Oak Ct just north of Saratoga Springs.

Lilofan

The fence and gate are about 200 feet in from Reams. Right where the asphalt changes color. It’s well marked with signage at that point that it is private property.

If you interested there is a similar set up for the City of Lake Buena Vista. Just look for Royal Oak Ct just north of Saratoga Springs.
The gated community of trailer homes is very visible down the road from Saratoga Springs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom