1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Mamma Melrose

Discussion in 'WDW Restaurants and Dining' started by MightyMouse, Dec 5, 2017 at 9:49 AM.

1. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Well-Known Member

By popular recommendation I tried the Charred Strip Steak with Four-Cheese macaroni, balsamic shallot butter, and a wine reduction. This was quite good. However the waiter told me they would be revamping the menu shortly and removing this item. Sure enough I don't see it on the Disney website menu any longer. I just thought I'd pass this along incase someone was looking forward to this dish, as I had read it was one of Mamma's more popular items.

- Cheers.

Weather_Lady likes this.
  2. belledream

belledream Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    I believe they removed the macaroni element and replaced it with potatoes, which is such a bummer. That was the best part! :hungry:

3. Starfan82

Starfan82 New Member

We leave in 10 days for our trip :) and I had our traditional Fantasmic! dinner package reservation for 12/22/17 here. I was so disappointed when I heard this news as I have long loved this steak and I was looking forward to enjoying this meal again. Oh well, I guess I will have to find a new go to item.

4. MansionButler84

MansionButler84 Premium Member

You're dead to me, Mama. Dead to me!

5. DfromATX

DfromATX Well-Known Member

What time did you get for your Fantasmic dinner?

6. StephK

StephK Active Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! looks like I'm cancelling that reservation, how dissapointing!!! Thanks for the news!!!

7. Tuvalu

Tuvalu Premium Member

Photo credit @piglet21

264F437F-B804-4384-BDA3-9A59447E8CD0.jpeg

I ate at Mama’s on Sunday and because she had posted this pic I did not order the steak....which is also no longer a NY strip but a cheaper quality skirt steak. :(

8. MansionButler84

Send that right to the garbage disposal.

Tuvalu likes this.
  9. LAKid53

LAKid53 Well-Known Member

Dang. As long as they don't remove the chicken parm, I'll still eat there. But that steak was :hungry:

10. Starfan82

Starfan82 New Member

I was only able to get a 3:10 reservation so technically I have a lunch and not dinner reservation. I have been searching practically everyday since my 180 for a later reservation time but no avail.

11. DfromATX

That's what I figured. I don't think I've ever gotten a normal dinner time with the Fantasmic package. I think they do it that way on purpose. For our trip in June, I think we will eat a late breakfast and skip lunch so we'll be hungry for the "linner." I get to make our dining reservations next weekend!

12. MansionButler84

Even when Fantasmic is at 9, they still end the package at 4 or 5. I don't really understand why. You could go to Hollywood & Vine, for example, at 7 pm and arrive on time for seating at 9 (well, 8:30).

13. DfromATX

I asked when I called last time and was told it's a way to fill up the restaurants during the slow times. It's ok though. We'll just eat a big breakfast (which we don't normally do) and then our lunch/dinner.