Mama Melrose refurb?

SteveAZee

Original Poster
I've been trying to book a reservation at Mama's for our trip at the end of October. I select what appear to be active dates from the MDE website, but it says that there are zero reservations available on any date after October 15th when I click through to pick a time. Is it me, is it a glitch, or are other people seeing the same thing? I don't see any official announcement (or an unofficial rumor) about this.

Thoughts?

bUU

I have no idea, but I think that a refurb has to be on the schedule sometime soon. I cannot remember when the place was significantly upgraded. I seem to remember a small clean-up in 2016/2017, but nothing substantial.

It's not a bad restaurant, but it ends up very often on the "most underrated" list or "most overlooked" list, and neither is good news for Disney. They've got to want to change that.

Disney just announced the new sit down restaurant in Toy Story Land, so the most logical time to re-do MM is after that opens.

AKLrocks!

SteveAZee, I've also tried booking for the end of October for a 10 day trip, there are no reservations the entire time for both lunch and dinner. I tried as soon as the 180 window opened for all days, no luck!

SteveAZee

Original Poster
SteveAZee, I've also tried booking for the end of October for a 10 day trip, there are no reservations the entire time for both lunch and dinner. I tried as soon as the 180 window opened for all days, no luck!
Yeah, really strange. I just checked again (thinking that toggling into May would make a difference) and there are openings October 15th and before, but nothing afterward. This leaves the other two places for doing the Fantasmic package and neither one really interests me.

SteveAZee

Original Poster
it could also be something to do with GE opening. a new dinner package, etc...
I was thinking that as well... although the October 15th date struck me as odd if they're either syncing with the GE opening (which happens 6 or so weeks earlier) or prepping for Rise of the Resistance opening (TBD). I'm sure all will be revealed at some point.

I just just worried that it was "user error" stopping me from making the reservations. :)

SteveAZee

Original Poster
Mama Melrose doesn’t always load ADRs 180 days in advance, especially the dining packages. I have had this happen to me more than once. Keep checking back periodically and you’ll likely find the date you want.
Thanks! That's encouraging news. How odd that Mama Melrose is like that, or are there other glitches with other restaurants and packages as well?

SteveAZee

Original Poster
At the 180 booking window for late October every restaurant but Mama Melrose's was available for 10 straight days!
That certainly was the case for everything I wanted to book. I didn't try every place, but certainly the popular places that I wanted to go to. I guess it's a 'wait and see' since it sounds like there's a history of that corner of the park not being current.

nickys

Premium Member
As well as the “just not loaded yet” and SW:GE package possibilities already mentioned, there are a couple of other ideas I had.

1) A good time for a refurb, given the SW:GE line will be snaking past it, making it hard to get to the actual restaurant

2) Is this the flip side of the new TS in Toy Story Land? Although I don’t know the time frame for that.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
2) Is this the flip side of the new TS in Toy Story Land? Although I don’t know the time frame for that.
If you are asking if the restaurants will share building space the answer is no. Mama Melrose is not near Toy Story Land.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Haha. No, I meant is this the down side of the news about the TSL restauarant. As in, bye bye MM!

No, MM will remain MM for now. WDW is doubling down on the Grand Ave theming, so, it's highly unlikely they'll take over MM for SWL. They had their chance tho when they were considering an exit from Star Tours to SWL, which would have gone right past MMs.

But... they seemed committed to keeping SWL in Orlando and Anaheim as much as exactly the same as possible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom