Making your own magic at WDW?

jenjie

Original Poster
I have absolutely enjoyed reading the Magic Moments stories, and hope there are lots more coming.

How about things you plan to make your time at WDW even more special for your family?

We are doing the Cinderella breakfast for my dd's bday, and I'll plan on getting her a bday pin that has been suggested here - if it doesn't have to be her exact bday. Would like to think up something special for my son (age 4) as well.

How about having the kids color a picture of their favorite characters, to give to the characters? Do you think Cinderella or Mickey would appreciate something like that, or would it be bothersome to them? Also do you think there's a possibility that it might earn my child some extra attention? :animwink:

I don't know if others know this but I read on another website that somebody's child mailed a card to Mickey and received an autographed picture in the mail. That would be a cool suprise.

What special things you do like to do to add some magic to your family's vacation? (No fireworks cruise for us, too much $$$ but what a great idea that would be!)

~Jen

Yellow Shoes

How about coloring a picture/making a card for the CM's at World Showcase. They are young people far from home. It would probably make their day.

It's a good opportunity to teach your kids about the joy of giving.

jenjie

Original Poster
Yellowshoes that is a great idea for families taking their kids into the World Showcase! I don't think we will be but will try to remember this fantastic ideas in the hopes we get to go again in the future.

:lol: at dadisneynutter!

~Jen

CAPTAIN HOOK

We're planning to book a breakfast at Cinderellas Castle for our last morning in Florida, and before that we've booked a day swimming with the Dolphins at Discovery Cove.
The kids don't know about either yet and the holidays been booked since January LAST YEAR !!!

jenjie

Original Poster
Captain Hook

Those sound like great ideas. Your kids will love it! If I can make a suggestion... you might want to reconsider your Cinderella breakfast reservations. Since they are so difficult to get, you might want to start trying, beginning the first day you'll be there, that way in case you can't get it you'll have a few more days to try. I don't think I explained that very well. You know you have to call exactly 60 days ahead for the Cinderella breakfast. And the reservations are gone by 7:05 to 7:10 Eastern time. If you wait until 60 days before your LAST day to try, and for some reason you are unable to make the reservations, you will be kicking yourself because you can't go backwards and reschedule it for an earlier day.

That still doesn't sound right. Let me know if I totally confused you. Maybe somebody else can straighten me out. LOL

~Jen

Irrawaddy Erik

The characters absolutely love it when you give them drawings and such...........also another thing is just go up to random CM and tell them thank you ...My mom is big on that one and will give out thank you cards to pretty much any CM she meets it is pretty neat.

jenjie

Original Poster
Cool! I love that. I am really big on thanking folks for a job well done so I'd love to do that too. My 4 y.o. son surprised our waiter today by walking up to him to say thank you. :)

~Jen

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom