Making room requests and "preferred rooms"

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
Original Poster
I've paid for a preferred pool view. Can I also request being on the bottom floor without risking losing the preferred pool view? bottom floor room would be my 2nd priority after the room I paid for. Just making sure before I online check in. Thanks!

CaptainAmerica

What resort is this? I've never heard of a preferred pool view. I've heard of pool view, and I've heard of preferred view, but never the two together.

*Googling*

Pop Century? IMO, you're wasting your money and would be better served with a plan old room. A "view" at a value resort doesn't really mean anything since all of the windows look out onto a walkway. But to answer your question, no, a room request will never bump you out of a category that you paid for.

DisneyJunkie

I'm not aware of any kind of "preferred pool view" rooms either. But you can certainly feel free to be as specific as you'd like. Be sure to fax in that request to the "room assigner" at that specific resort at least 3 days before you arrive. When I stay at the Poly, I usually have a specific room number in a specific longhouse that I typically ask for - the same room my wife and I had once honeymooned in. Each time I requested it, they were able to fulfill that request since that particular room was available. So when it comes to requests for your stay at a resort, it never hurts to ask.

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
Original Poster
I'm not aware of any kind of "preferred pool view" rooms either. But you can certainly feel free to be as specific as you'd like. Be sure to fax in that request to the "room assigner" at that specific resort at least 3 days before you arrive. When I stay at the Poly, I usually have a specific room number in a specific longhouse that I typically ask for - the same room my wife and I had once honeymooned in. Each time I requested it, they were able to fulfill that request since that particular room was available. So when it comes to requests for your stay at a resort, it never hurts to ask.

Fair question and I agree. However, my 7 yr old is on the Autistim spectrum and while watching a special on tv the other day about all the different hotels, she got really excited when she saw Pop Century. We were going to be at PO Riverside. She got so excited to see the theming, I thought we should change the reservations to Pop as a surprise for her. When I changed, the only Pop room available was a preferred pool view.

And before I made my room requests, I was just curious about if it would change the building somehow because if it did, I was going to ask for a refund on the extra fee they charge to have you closer to the main building and a "pool view" haha

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Fair question and I agree. However, my 7 yr old is on the Autistim spectrum and while watching a special on tv the other day about all the different hotels, she got really excited when she saw Pop Century. We were going to be at PO Riverside. She got so excited to see the theming, I thought we should change the reservations to Pop as a surprise for her. When I changed, the only Pop room available was a preferred pool view.

And before I made my room requests, I was just curious about if it would change the building somehow because if it did, I was going to ask for a refund on the extra fee they charge to have you closer to the main building and a "pool view" haha
Requests will not override a room category downward.

If you have paid extra for a "pool view, preferred room" they are not going to move you the the back of the resort in order to honor your request of ground floor. They will simply not honor the request.

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
Original Poster
Requests will not override a room category downward.

If you have paid extra for a "pool view, preferred room" they are not going to move you the the back of the resort in order to honor your request of ground floor. They will simply not honor the request.
Thanks I appreciate it.

Squigglove

You should be able to request a "pool view" and also request a ground floor room. A "preferred room" is closer to the main lobby/eateries, etc., which also come at an extra cost. We were originally going to stay at the All Star Movies and we paid for a preferred room to make it easier (with a 1-yr old) to get to the lobby and food quart.
However, we upgraded to the Port Orleans Riverside and online I was able to request ground floor and a corner room. We got both and I will just say we got lucky because we didn't pay any extra for these and I know everything is "subject to availability, blah, blah."
Anyway, if you have already paid for one then the other is just an additional request and if it's available they will give it to you.

DisneyGirl3820

We just got back from the Boardwalk and paid for a standard view. The only request I had was "No Clown Pool View." They granted my request and we had a great trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom