Making FPs on a Tuesday?

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
Our FP day is this coming Tuesday. Our travel agent told us the system is notorious for being wonky on Tuesdays. Is this true? Has anyone had trouble on Tuesdays lately? We only have one DHS day so Slinky Dog is a big priority for us. We check in on a Saturday and Tuesday is our DHS day. So it’s fairly early on during our trip.
Thanks!

Weather_Lady

I never heard anything about Tuesdays being worse than other days, but the system being "wonky" is always a risk. Log in ahead of time, and have a backup (e.g., if you're using the app and are having trouble, try the website, and vice versa).

FWIW, Slinky FP+ are generally "sold out" 62 days ahead. Since you're visiting on Day 63 (Saturday being your day 60), if there is any availability for Slinky, it's likely to be in the late afternoon or evening, so plan ahead for that. Also, if it shows NO availability, try splitting up your party into smaller sizes (e.g., for a family of 4, try making two sets of FP for two with overlapping time windows), as smaller party sizes generally have greater availability.

Touringplans has a Fastpass availability tool that is helpful for trend-spotting and checking availability. Keep in mind, however, that it only checks for parties of 1. https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/fastpass-availability

Last edited:

HouCuseChickie

Yeah...never heard anything specific about Tuesdays. Ultimately, the system can be wonky on any given day. I just finished making my FPs for my upcoming trip and had multiple issues...and it's a Friday. At one point, midway through, it decided I was not inside the 60 day window. At another point, I got the Olaf error message and froze there for a bit and did the same thing when I refreshed and tried going back. Yet after starting again from the main menu, I saw that it did save my selection. Ultimately, just be ready to go back to the beginning page if it gets lost in the process and be ready to go on multiple devices and browsers if it truly gets stuck.

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
I never heard anything about Tuesdays being worse than other days, but the system being "wonky" is always a risk. Log in ahead of time, and have a backup (e.g., if you're using the app and are having trouble, try the website, and vice versa).

FWIW, Slinky FP+ are generally "sold out" 62 days ahead. Since you're visiting on Day 63 (Saturday being your day 60), if there is any availability for Slinky, it's likely to be in the late afternoon or evening, so plan ahead for that. Also, if it shows NO availability, try splitting up your party into smaller sizes (e.g., for a family of 4, try making two sets of FP for two with overlapping time windows), as smaller party sizes generally have greater availability.

Touringplans has a Fastpass availability tool that is helpful for trend-spotting and checking availability. Keep in mind, however, that it only checks for parties of 1. https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/fastpass-availability
Yeah...never heard anything specific about Tuesdays. Ultimately, the system can be wonky on any given day. I just finished making my FPs for my upcoming trip and had multiple issues...and it's a Friday. At one point, midway through, it decided I was not inside the 60 day window. At another point, I got the Olaf error message and froze there for a bit and did the same thing when I refreshed and tried going back. Yet after starting again from the main menu, I saw that it did save my selection. Ultimately, just be ready to go back to the beginning page if it gets lost in the process and be ready to go on multiple devices and browsers if it truly gets stuck.

Good tips, thank you! I am hoping my TA can do them for me. It’s so stressful! 😂
Slinky Dog is my main concern. My husband and I are not big Avatar fans so I honestly wouldn’t be heart broken if we didn’t get FPs for FOP. And we have multiple days at MK, one being our last day of an 8 day trip so I’m sure we will be able to get Mine Train.
Fingers crossed!!!

nickys

Premium Member
I beg to differ with previous answers. This is something of a bug-bear of many, with plenty of discussion on Touring Plans and probably other sites too!

Disney IT often roll out changes on a Monday, meaning that any new glitches often come to light on a Tuesday. Added to which, anyone checking in on a Saturday will be booking FPs on a Tuesday. and since Saturday is a popular day to start a vacation you have a double whammy - new glitches and more people booking than other days of the week.

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
I beg to differ with previous answers. This is something of a bug-bear of many, with plenty of discussion on Touring Plans and probably other sites too!

Disney IT often roll out changes on a Monday, meaning that any new glitches often come to light on a Tuesday. Added to which, anyone checking in on a Saturday will be booking FPs on a Tuesday. and since Saturday is a popular day to start a vacation you have a double whammy - new glitches and more people booking than other days of the week.
Very true! I didn’t even think that Tuesday would be a popular FP booking day. Definitely makes sense! Good points.

Rob562

I can confirm that Tuesday is the most troublesome day for making FP+, it has been for at least a year

We arrive on a Saturday and our FP+ 60-day was a Tuesday.

I realize it won't always be the case because of how the calendar works out, but perhaps most Saturday-start vacations work out to have Tuesday as their FP day. And if most trips start on a Saturday, you've got a lot of people all trying to use it at once.

-Rob

nickys

Premium Member
We arrive on a Saturday and our FP+ 60-day was a Tuesday.

I realize it won't always be the case because of how the calendar works out, but perhaps most Saturday-start vacations work out to have Tuesday as their FP day. And if most trips start on a Saturday, you've got a lot of people all trying to use it at once.

-Rob

All vacations starting on a Saturday with a 60 day booking window have FP booking on a Tuesday! That’s what I was (trying to) say.

Let’s do the math:

You have a 60 day window.
From Saturday, count back 7 days - to the Saturday before.
8 x 7 = 56, so 56 days before any Saturday is also Saturday.
57 days before is a Friday
58 days before is a Thursday
59 days before is a Wednesday
60 days before is a Tuesday.

It will never be any other day. And there’s half the problem. The other one is they nearly always do any IT updates to MDE, whether web or app, on a Monday night.

Rob562

All vacations starting on a Saturday with a 60 day booking window have FP booking on a Tuesday! That’s what I was (trying to) say.

Let’s do the math:

It will never be any other day. And there’s half the problem. The other one is they nearly always do any IT updates to MDE, whether web or app, on a Monday night.

You're right. For some reason my brain was trying to say that whether the month had 30 or 31 days would factor in, but now I realize that's irrelevant to days of the week.

-Rob

AugieMorosco

Let’s do the math:

This is kind of brilliant.

correcaminos

Let’s do the math:

But do most go on Saturdays? I'm not sure I've seen that. Many DVC avoid Saturday check ins for example.

Seems odd to roll out changes on Mondays. Most I heard were on Sunday nights.

I've heard a lot of complaints about Weds too but not sure how accurate that is. I'm glad FPs aren't huge to us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom