Making a room request-- must wait?

MagicKatMe

Original Poster
I'm staying at AKL in January. I booked through the WDW site but didn't see any place to make a room request at that time, other than if I needed an adjoining room. (So no way to request a room on a specific floor, for example, or a room with a king bed, etc.)

I just called 407-938-3000, which I thought was the hotel number but which appears to be a more general reservation line. I was told I can't make any requests until 10 days before my stay. She said reservations don't appear in their system until then.

That feels wrong? But IDK. Does anyone know if that's acurrate?

DisneyJoe

I'm staying at AKL in January. I booked through the WDW site but didn't see any place to make a room request at that time, other than if I needed an adjoining room. (So no way to request a room on a specific floor, for example, or a room with a king bed, etc.)

I just called 407-938-3000, which I thought was the hotel number but which appears to be a more general reservation line. I was told I can't make any requests until 10 days before my stay. She said reservations don't appear in their system until then.

That feels wrong? But IDK. Does anyone know if that's acurrate?
That was a call center that answers for the resort, they cannot add requests to your reservation until they get it in their systems, which is between 5 and 10 days before you arrive.

To add a request or note to your reservation now, call the main Disney Reservation number, (407) W-DISNEY or others - such as (407) 939-5277

JusticeDisney

Call your specific resort directly, a couple days before your arrival, and make the request to them. In my experience, that has always been the best way to ensure that your request is at the very least legitimately considered, if not outright granted.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Call your specific resort directly, a couple days before your arrival, and make the request to them. In my experience, that has always been the best way to ensure that your request is at the very least legitimately considered, if not outright granted.
Yup that has always worked for me thus far......I usually call and ask way in advance but call again 5-7 days prior to cement the deal as much as possible, and am always told its not guaranteed....but if you DON'T ask you likely won't get. :angelic:

nickys

Premium Member
Incidentally, you need to ask for connecting rooms. Those have a door between them. Adjoining rooms just means near each other. So make sure you request the correct type you need.

And remember it is just a request, they may not be able to give you what you want.

MagicKatMe

Original Poster
Thanks! That was also my plan to call the hotel directly a bit before.

And agreed, only a request. Besides, it won't kill me to have two queen beds rather than one king. :)

DisneyJoe

Thanks! That was also my plan to call the hotel directly a bit before.
Even though they answer the phone as AKL, it truly is a call center, you almost never get to speak to a Disney hotel directly, as the call center can handle 95% of the tasks, such as adding a request etc. Yes, they are a bit closer to the hotel in the process and which computer systems they can access.

Does anyone know if you can still call the hotel directly closer to your stay if you are renting DVC points? I tried to add a request via phone to the DVC line but was not able to because I am not the DVC member.

nickys

Premium Member
Does anyone know if you can still call the hotel directly closer to your stay if you are renting DVC points? I tried to add a request via phone to the DVC line but was not able to because I am not the DVC member.

You could. But I would ask the owner to make a request for you, as that is DVC’s preferred method for room requests.

dreamfinder

If you are renting the points no one will talk to you until you show up at the front desk as technically it's not your reservation. Any changes, requests, etc needs to be done via the owner.

HwdStudio

Yup that has always worked for me thus far......I usually call and ask way in advance but call again 5-7 days prior to cement the deal as much as possible, and am always told its not guaranteed....but if you DON'T ask you likely won't get. :angelic:
You are still not actually talking to the hotel directly.

Glad I went to this forum....How do you all get the phone number to the resort....like Grand Floridian...I have tried to call them before and end up with just central reservation number..

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Yes but was replying to your requote of MINE stating I wasn't talking to a resort.....in any event I still advise calling 5-7 days prior to help cement your choices....concierge level or not. :angelic:

Tom P.

As far as I know, there's basically no way to actually get someone at the hotel on the phone. Even when you're staying there and calling from in the room, you get directed to a call center.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom