Pre-Trip Make That 1001 Happy Haunts.

The fastpasses are booked, the magicbands are ordered, the flights are in hand! The only thing left to do is...wait. (Fifty-nine days, she types, though she knows it is eight weeks, two days, fifteen hours, seventeen minutes, and so on.) The wait is agonizing, but the best solution to the throes of waiting? The correct answer is studying. The more satisfactory answer, and the one your narrator has chosen on this sunny Labor Day, is to share her joy with the board!

Cast: Daddy-o, the man who made the magic happen, and me, a pitiful law student who has been reading too much H.L. Mencken as of late (instead of her casebooks - for shame!). We are celebrating my 24th birthday with a long overdue father-daughter sojourn into the Disney World bubble.

When: October 31 (!!) through November 3.

Where: Dolphin Hotel. This may sound particularly heretical, but we adore the Swolphin, especially after the remodel. Yes, it sucks not having DME and complimentary MagicBands, but we adore the food options, the walkways and boats to EPCOT and Hollywood Studios, and the Marriott points.

Why: My 24th birthday! It's actually earlier, but I am running (well, limping) the Chicago Marathon that particular weekend. And fortuitously so! I love Halloween, so I get to attend MNSSHP under the wire, and we're calling this a joint birthday-Halloween celebration. (Well, Daddy-o is calling it a money suck, but he'll enjoy himself.)

The fun part - details!: Magic Kingdom - Animal Kingdom - Hollywood Studios. No EPCOT, you ask? Our vacation abuts the Wine & Dine race weekend and the Food & Wine festival. We're not huge EPCOT festival people to begin with, and we're not inclined to voluntarily steer ourselves into elevated crowds.

We've planned to eat at Be Our Guest, which will take part *during* MNSSHP. I can already hear the posters from my other thread regarding food quality swarming to remind me that party time is more important, but. Paterfamilias made the reservation as a surprise, and he made it knowing how much I love Beauty and the Beast. Also, our goal for the party is to break our previous MNSSHP record of thirteen consecutive Space Mountain rides, which has valiantly stood firm since 2011. We've also planned to eat at Tusker House, but that's during the normal course of lunching at Animal Kingdom, so I don't foresee any controversy. ;)

We are at Hollywood Studios for half the day, since I have to fly back and return to school, but we're efficient. It'll be fun to ride TOT again after having tried out GOTG in DCA this summer. Which brings me to SW:GE. I was at opening weekend with my brother simply by the miracle of summer employment in Los Angeles, and we enjoyed it! We just ran out of things to do before our time allotment ran dry. I'm excited to see the Orlando iteration.

Stay tuned for new trip updates as they come in, and for the eventual trip report! I'm simply *too* excited.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom