Major Problems with Booking Disney Vacation!

Rogue71371

OK,

So for the past month I have been pricing Disney vacations on disneyworld.com. Everytime I finish with a 9 night Park Hopper Plus with Dining at Port Orleans for my Wife, Myself and my son (5 years old) it has always come up with the same price. $3221.48. This price is before airfare.

But when I just called to book the trip the girl on the phone told me that the price before airfare was $4029!!!! She said the computers have not been adding the room, or meal plan for my son. Last year we did the same exact trip and it was $4100 TOTAL airfare included. I find it hard to beleive that the same trip would cost us $1000 more just on year later?

Has anyone else been told this?

Thanks, Tom

figment1985

Basically.. don't book online.. I've been told that by Disney staff. The website generates wacko numbers sometimes and so it's best to call someone also to get better deals!

Upvote 0
http://wdw.reservations.disney.go.c...elDWIBC.woa/31/wo/yQ9ge032SNepDc1Bm7FzVg/21.4

I just did it myself for your preferences online and got $3829. I didn't know what dates you were going, so that will have some effect on the price. However, I added in a water view room which is about $250 more than regular. I included: ParkHopper, Water Park and More Option, Waterview Room, Two 9 day tickets for you and your wife, and a 9 day ticket for your son. (Again, I just guessed March of '07...you could be going this October for all I know :) )

Dining obviously makes the trip more expensive up-front. Also, the Water-park and more option is something you might want to think about - if you don't take full advantage of it, maybe it's not worth it. Also, it's the time you go. I priced your EXACT same trip for this coming September (value season), and it's $1000 cheaper. (Also, they upped the prices for '07, don't forget.)

Probably didn't help you too much, but you're right...that trip is VERY expensive for just you, your wife and son, in a moderate hotel. Maybe try a Value one? Good luck!:)

Upvote 0

dukehoopsfan

I just clicked the link provided amykissangel and this is the message that appears:

"The Walt Disney World® reservation system for packages and rooms is currently experiencing technical difficulties. If you wish to purchase tickets, please select the Tickets and Reservations link at the top of the page. We expect to have the situation resolved soon, so please check back with us at a later time.

If you need to speak to someone regarding a Walt Disney World vacation, you may call a Disney representative at 407-939-7429"

....so that may be the reason as to why you are receiving the different price amounts.

Upvote 0

Captain Chaos

I just clicked the link provided amykissangel and this is the message that appears:

"The Walt Disney World® reservation system for packages and rooms is currently experiencing technical difficulties. If you wish to purchase tickets, please select the Tickets and Reservations link at the top of the page. We expect to have the situation resolved soon, so please check back with us at a later time.

If you need to speak to someone regarding a Walt Disney World vacation, you may call a Disney representative at 407-939-7429"

....so that may be the reason as to why you are receiving the different price amounts.

Don't tell me they are down again????

Upvote 0

peemagg

Another thing that is contributing to the price, is that Disney raised the ticket prices twice this year and the dining plan went up from $35.00 per adult to $38.00 per adult. It is amazing how fast those little things add up.

Upvote 0

Debbie

If I remember correctly, last year Disney was running an awesome special. I believe it was $1500.00 for the All-Stars with tickets included and some other perk and a family of 4. I could check with my girlfriend to verify as she took advantage of this (only to go on this vacation, Katrina hit, and she couldn't return home for 6 weeks).
This special may be why your price was so good last year? Call Kingdom Konsultants if you would like any assistance with this; Pam is always so helpful :)

Upvote 0

eroyee

:wave: Stay at POP century. you arent in your room much anyway and your son will love it. that should save you your $1000 plus. have a magical trip.:animwink:

Upvote 0

tink rules

First off.... Don't book online!!!!! You pay rack rates and it's always the highest!!!! I only use that as a reference as to how much I save when I do it myself!!!

Contact the crew at Kingdom Konsultants... they are here on the boards... they will get you the best!!! Give it a try....

http://www.kingdomkonsultant.com/

You will see them also on many of the posts here... email them and let them help you....

Upvote 0

Woody13

First off.... Don't book online!!!!! You pay rack rates and it's always the highest!!!! I only use that as a reference as to how much I save when I do it myself!!!

Contact the crew at Kingdom Konsultants... they are here on the boards... they will get you the best!!! Give it a try....

http://www.kingdomkonsultant.com/

You will see them also on many of the posts here... email them and let them help you....
Yes, that is the answer. If you let Disney take care of your travel arrangements, you're going to pay more. The Disney travel people are not allowed to tell you about available discounts unless you bring it up first. :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom