Major price increase for Poly

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Original Poster
IMG_4523.JPG
Tikiman is reporting major price hikes for the Poly starting soon. Plus self parking charges and an increase of $25 for the 3-5 additional per guest per night.

CdnDznyLuvr

The Poly is one of our favourite resorts and we've stayed there a few times over the years. Sadly, even with any available discounts, this price increase is making it virtually impossible to even think about staying there again :(

And paying for self-parking? Seems like just a way for them to recoup the regular parking fee that onsite guests received for free :mad:

CaptainAmerica

Ah yes. Price hikes on 3 levels. Now we know why they want fees. Why raise prices in 1 place when you can do it in 3.

self-parking charges will really peeve me off
Except there's no actual evidence of self-parking charges and there was always an extra cost for more than two adults in a room. This is literally nonsense. This is one price increase for the time being, unless we see evidence to the contrary.

CaptainAmerica

@monothingie must be applying for a job at CNN? Because this is literally fake news.

2gADpxl.png

So, to recap the OP:

"Tikiman is reporting major price hikes for the Poly starting soon."
Fact check: True, but not new information

"Plus self parking charges."
Fact check: False. Rumor at best, most likely based on posts from right here on WDW Magic.

"An increase of $25 for the 3-5 additional per guest per night."
Fact check: False. There was always a $25 fee, which is now increasing to $35. Double false because this only applies to ADULTS, not "guests," which would include children.

hooch

Why so uptight?

from tikiman's facebook page

"It looks like it is going to get a lot more expensive to stay at the Polynesian Village. Not only will many of the rooms get a new room view category that will cost you $100 more a night but next year the extra adult charge for the 3rd - 5th adult in the room will increase by $10 a night to $35. Also there is some information out there that suggests that Walt Disney World Resorts will start to charge for self parking like the Disney resorts out west have for many years."

CaptainAmerica

Why so uptight?

from tikiman's facebook page

"It looks like it is going to get a lot more expensive to stay at the Polynesian Village. Not only will many of the rooms get a new room view category that will cost you $100 more a night but next year the extra adult charge for the 3rd - 5th adult in the room will increase by $10 a night to $35. Also there is some information out there that suggests that Walt Disney World Resorts will start to charge for self parking like the Disney resorts out west have for many years."
Uh, yeah. But that's not what the OP said.

1. Charging for extra guests (as opposed to extra ADULTS) would be a major change that would impact loads of people. Charging for extra adults is standard practice in the entire industry and something that Disney already does.

2. The charge is not a new $25 per night charge as the OP said. It's an increase from $25 for an EXISTING charge to $35.

3. The parking rumor is completely unsubstantiated. There's no evidence that it's coming and, if it is, what form it will take.

correcaminos

The parking fees are rumored and haven't heard it much elsewhere.
Parking fees - ugh. I think that DVC will be exempt though - like they are in CA at Grand Cali Villas.
I would imagine that will be true. So it won't affect me. But still I'd rather have them add the fees into the room per night (as whole) and not an add on.

Though really this is all just rumor at this point and not 100% fact until published.

DisneyJoe

MouseSavers and at least one other site has reported on the change in extra adult charge per night, it changed at all 3 levels of resorts. It is per adult, not guest, it has been checked multiple times.

CaptainAmerica

$35 per extra adult is new;
No it's not! It's higher, but it's not a NEW fee, as the OP incorrectly stated.

self-parking charge will be new, if it is more than just a rumor.
Except that it's not more than just a rumor. It's completely made up.

I trust Tikiman, for the most part.
I have no problem with what Tikiman wrote. My gripe is with the inaccurate and misleading way it was transcribed here.

DisneyJoe

No it's not! It's higher, but it's not a NEW fee, as the OP incorrectly stated.

Except that it's not more than just a rumor. It's completely made up.

I have no problem with what Tikiman wrote. My gripe is with the inaccurate and misleading way it was transcribed here.
That is my problem too - if any of my clients saw this post, they would be upset that their 2017 price was changing

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom