Main Street U.S.A. then and now....

DisJosh

Original Poster
Like many one of my favorite parts of the World is Main Street. The decline of attractions on Main street really makes me sad, nowadays it seems to be over runned by shops selling stuffed animals, t shirts and hats(one emporium type shop was enough). Anyone else miss the penny arcade? magic shop? or my fav the main street cinema? I wish the cinema would at least come back......The farthest I can go to then is only 1993, anyone else have any old favs from main street?

The Mom

Premium Member
I especially miss the magic shop. We purchased a dragon head/mask several years ago, and my husband has worn it every halloween since. It's great! (we did have to skip the years when my son was 2-5; too scary for him.)

mightyduck

Originally posted by DisJosh
Like many one of my favorite parts of the World is Main Street. The decline of attractions on Main street really makes me sad, nowadays it seems to be over runned by shops selling stuffed animals, t shirts and hats(one emporium type shop was enough). Anyone else miss the penny arcade? magic shop? or my fav the main street cinema? I wish the cinema would at least come back......The farthest I can go to then is only 1993, anyone else have any old favs from main street?

Oh, I really miss the penny arcade and the cinema, but especially the penny arcade. One would think that with a shop at the end of every ride, Main Street would need fewer shops selling stuff.

Disneynut

I loved the Main Street Cinema, what a great place to go and cool off after a long day in the parks. The penny arcade was a blast too. I think they really cheapened Main Street by making it one big store.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom