Main Street Station

uklad79

Original Poster
Hi I have had a search and come up with nothing on what has happened with the rehab at the station. Is it now complete? Has everything been swapped round? Have new lockers gone in? I noticed a story on a site about a guy that bought some pictures from the walls that Mousesurplus sold. Doesn this mean the walls are now bare and boring? Has the themeing gone? Does anyone have pictures?

So many questions I know. The place had some charm I hope thats not been lost in favour of saving a bit of money. Also hope new lockers have been installed as the old ones were a bit past it.

shari71

I saw a little of everything last week on it. When we rode by on the monorail, there was still the drapes covering it with the painted scene on it. Then that came down on the entrance side, but scafolding (sorry cannot spell) was still up on the Town Square side. Then on Saturday, the scafolding was down, but they had drapes back up on part of it.

Don't know about the lockers, but everything seemed pretty normal.

Sledge

Account Suspended
I was wondering the same stuff. I'll be there Saturday - Friday and was hoping it would be all cleaned up and looking good before then.

peter11435

All of the scaffolding is down from the front. The only place that is still being worked on is the East end facing the castle. The station looks fin from the front as well as when looking down Main Street from the Hub.

peter11435

Here is a photo of how the Main Street station looks now. This was taken this morning (12/13).

Click image to see a larger version.

Just for fun here is a shot of the castle. It is a great day here in Orlando.

Brent

Seeing a pic from THIS morning of how things look at MK is why I love all of you & this site so much thanks for the pics the station is lookin good the castle wonderful as always & wishing I had that weather you dang right lol Well hope to see the rehab done by the time i get down there thanks for the update

peter11435

bgraham34 said:
So what did they do exactly.
They replaced rotted wood, and much of the glass in the station. They also repainted the entire building. Additionaly they took out the lockers below the station and turned that area into stroller rental. Locker rental has now moved to the former location of stroller rental.

uklad79

Original Poster
So I assume new lockers have been put in. I would have thought the stroller rental area is not as big so less lockers have been used? Do you know if they went with the same lockers Universal uses with the finger prints so that they do away with the counter?

Thanks

peter11435

uklad79 said:
So I assume new lockers have been put in. I would have thought the stroller rental area is not as big so less lockers have been used?
Thanks

Remember that the lockers went inot where they use to rent and store the strollers. It takes a ton of room to store all of those strollers. Thus there was plenty of room for the lockers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom