Main Street Emporium columns refurbishment

SteamboatJoe

*sigh* I can't help but be a little irrationally disappointed that I won't be able to enjoy this beautiful facade during my trip next week but I certainly understand and am glad it is getting some love.

Aside from this, the Pandora work at AK, and the TSL/SWL work at DHS, does anyone know of any other major construction walls or scrims in the parks I should mentally prepare for? I know the carousel and Hall of Presidents will be closed but didn't know if the scope of those refurbs called for any walls or scrims.

raymusiccity

Is that a red roof I see or is it just the way the light is hitting it? Thanks for the pics!

New corporate sponsorship on the way. Cross marketing with the return of 'Tiki Room Under New Management'!

IMG_1601.JPG

I am Timmy

How long will the walls be up? Are there others planned for the rest of Main Street? The new paint sure looks nice in the pics. Can't wait to see this in person!

Goob

Again, why didn't they do this when they repainted the roof? I was there just last month and the scrims were up for that. Then they remove them and now they're back up. Doesn't make a bit of sense.

Biff215

Again, why didn't they do this when they repainted the roof? I was there just last month and the scrims were up for that. Then they remove them and now they're back up. Doesn't make a bit of sense.
Spring break crowds and the recording of a British tv show apparently. I agree it seems silly, especially since it probably won't be finished for the early summer crowds now.

Goob

Oh yeah, I forgot about the TV show. That was filming the week after we left. That probably explains it.

Father Robinson

I understand the need for occasional refreshes, but can someone please tell me what in God's name goes on under these canvasses? The way they wall off these facades I expect that they go under as a caterpillar and emerge as a butterfly but in most cases it simply looks like a fresh coat of paint. In all seriousness are they ripping out walls and replacing them under there? Point being, I've seen 3 story houses get painted in less than 5 days using no scaffolding and they're 4 sides and more, not a one sided 2 story facade that they hide for weeks to months at a time in the most photographed place in the world.

Rant over.

tirian

I understand the need for occasional refreshes, but can someone please tell me what in God's name goes on under these canvasses? The way they wall off these facades I expect that they go under as a caterpillar and emerge as a butterfly but in most cases it simply looks like a fresh coat of paint. In all seriousness are they ripping out walls and replacing them under there? Point being, I've seen 3 story houses get painted in less than 5 days using no scaffolding and they're 4 sides and more, not a one sided 2 story facade that they hide for weeks to months at a time in the most photographed place in the world.

Rant over.
I do wonder the same thing. The MSUSA façades were completely rebuilt within the last five years, yet when was the last time Main Street wasn't under scrims?

Father Robinson

I do wonder the same thing. The MSUSA façades were completely rebuilt within the last five years, yet when was the last time Main Street wasn't under scrims?
Last time I was there and the scrims weren't up (or the hub/castle job hadn't statrted) was 2008. 2009, 10, 12, 13 all had scrims, 14 (hub work), and 16 (castle crane). 2008 was the last time MSUSA and the castle were not undergoing some kind of work when I was there. Annoying to say the least. After shelling out bags of cash it would be nice to see the place without all that. I know work needs to be done occasionally, but they seem to go way overboard with the scrim work. I just wish Jan-Feb could be the scheduled times for facade refreshes.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom