News Main Street Cinema Chapeked - UPDATE!!

Figments Friend

I'm thinking the vintage turnstile was probably removed to make it easier for Guests with strollers / wheelchairs.
There was always access, but this opens things up a bit more obviously.

Same goes for the curtains.
Pulling them back is likely an attempt to attract people inside.
The Cinema was in some respects a great 'hidden' spot many people just walked on by thinking it was a facade only.
Now the Park seems to be making a clear attempt to show passerbys not in the know that 'yes, there is actually something fun inside to see!'

The position of the benches along the perimeter of the viewing area have been there for a year or more.
They are designed so you sit on one side of the room and view the cartoons directly across from where you are sitting.
So you don't view the screen directly in front of you, you view the screen(s) across from you.
It puts people between you and the screen if the room happens to be busy ( which is rare ) but creates a more period authentic feeling.
Well, for me anyway.

-

Nland316

A cool use for the cinema would have been an entrance/queue to MMRR. Too bad there’s not enough space behind Main Street for that to have been taken seriously.

shortstop

Same goes for the curtains.
Pulling them back is likely an attempt to attract people inside.
The Cinema was in some respects a great 'hidden' spot many people just walked on by thinking it was a facade only.
Now the Park seems to be making a clear attempt to show passerbys not in the know that 'yes, there is actually something fun inside to see!'
To me, this almost defeats the purpose. A huge part of the cinema’s charm was the fact that it’s hidden. I loved taking first-timers/newbies in there and seeing their reaction to this little hidden space. The cinema isn’t there to be a huge draw or crowd absorber. It’s just a little space that adds to DL’s charm.

Plus, by opening up the curtains, inevitably the space will become invaded by non-intecuals, and who wants that?

Disney Analyst

Original Poster
To me, this almost defeats the purpose. A huge part of the cinema’s charm was the fact that it’s hidden. I loved taking first-timers/newbies in there and seeing their reaction to this little hidden space. The cinema isn’t there to be a huge draw or crowd absorber. It’s just a little space that adds to DL’s charm.

Plus, by opening up the curtains, inevitably the space will become invaded by non-intecuals, and who wants that?

Shhh. Stop complaining. It’s either curtain open or they get rid of the cinema. Pick your poison.

Figments Friend

Agree.
I would imagine pulling those curtains back also messes with the ambiance and darkness levels during the day time as well.

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom