Main Gate Pass Rules

musicbeck1

Original Poster
TGIF everyone!!

My husband is a new Cast Member at our local Disney Store and we received his Main Gate Blue pass +3 and my spouse Main Gate pass recently in the mail. We have already taken advantage of his employee discount on our room/dining plan reservation which was amazing!!

My questions are:
1) If my husband, myself, and our 2 sons are going into one of the parks together does that entrance count as 1 of our limited visits or 1 for each us (4 total)? I ask because we will be at Disney for 8 days and if it counts as 1 visit then no additional tickets will be needed. Also I believe that entrance will allow us to park hop correct?

2) Do employees get any discount on tickets into the Water Parks at Disney World? If so do you happen to know what that discount is?

3) Coming from out of state I wonder if we can reserve fast passes at the 60 days mark since we have a hotel reservation or are we still limited to the 7 days prior rule for the cast member gate pass?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give we appreciate it!

Sorry new to all this.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
TGIF everyone!!

My husband is a new Cast Member at our local Disney Store and we received his Main Gate Blue pass +3 and my spouse Main Gate pass recently in the mail. We have already taken advantage of his employee discount on our room/dining plan reservation which was amazing!!

My questions are:
1) If my husband, myself, and our 2 sons are going into one of the parks together does that entrance count as 1 of our limited visits or 1 for each us (4 total)? I ask because we will be at Disney for 8 days and if it counts as 1 visit then no additional tickets will be needed. Also I believe that entrance will allow us to park hop correct?

2) Do employees get any discount on tickets into the Water Parks at Disney World? If so do you happen to know what that discount is?

3) Coming from out of state I wonder if we can reserve fast passes at the 60 days mark since we have a hotel reservation or are we still limited to the 7 days prior rule for the cast member gate pass?

Sorry new to all this.
It's been awhile since my wife was a CM, but based on the way it worked at the time:

1. Each day counts as one use.

2. I think it's seasonal, and often only for Florida-based employees. Don't count on anything.

3. You can book at 60 days, but each guest pass can only hold four days of FPs at once. The CM pass and spouse pass can hold FPs for length of stay.

Do you know when we can start using our main entrance pass once we get it?
Once you physically have it? Right away.

tallica

make sure you check block out dates for cast members and guests? block out dates for CMs only posted 3 months out, but if you post your dates I can give you an educated guess. yes your admission includes park hopping.

musicbeck1

Original Poster
make sure you check block out dates for cast members and guests? block out dates for CMs only posted 3 months out, but if you post your dates I can give you an educated guess. yes your admission includes park hopping.
We are heading to WDW 1st week of October 2019

musicbeck1

Original Poster
does your husband have access to the Hub yet? Water Parks are free this year and 50% off for family. check for block out dates on the Hub
Yes we have reviewed the Hub but I didn't see anything confirming the discount for non-Florida cast members for 2019...I may have missed it.

MagicallyMarisa

TGIF everyone!!

My questions are:

Sorry new to all this.
I’m also a new employee and I was wondering how long it took for him to get his company ID and main gate passes? We have a trip coming up soon and I’m hoping to be able to use my ID while we’re down there

WDWBusDriver

TGIF everyone!!

My questions are:

Sorry new to all this.
@musicbeck1
1)Each day counts as one use, and park hopping is included. (8 days = 8 uses)

2)The cast member gets free entry to both Florida water parks (subject to block out dates, check the HUB [cast portal] for dates). Each family member using the guest passes (blue ribbon passes) or spouse pass get 50% off water park tickets. (Like another user mentioned, this may be only for Florida based cast members, check the HUB for specifics).

3)Yes, you will get all the benefits of staying at Disney as non-cast member guests do. Including 180-day dining reservations, 60-day Fastpass+ reservations, Extra Magic Hours, etc.

I’m also a new employee and I was wondering how long it took for him to get his company ID and main gate passes? We have a trip coming up soon and I’m hoping to be able to use my ID while we’re down there
@MagicallyMarisa
The HUB article explaining Maingate usage says Maingate and Guest Passes should be received by USPS in 2 weeks from hire date (traditions date in most cases). If it has been longer than 2 weeks, you can call cast admissions. (Search the HUB for the number.)

I hope this information helps! Enjoy your vacations!

musicbeck1

Original Poster
Congratulations!! His pass came about 4 weeks after he started and his Blue ID came around the same time. Enjoy your WDW Trip!!

chatsfast

Can I ask what additional perks a Disney Cast Member SILVER Maingate pass gets that is different from the blue? I am going to WDW in September with a Disney Corporate CM. I am trying to make the advanced arrangements. Do Silver Maingate Passes need the additional three hard plastic guest passes? Is it the same number of guests allowed to be walked in? Meaning three guests. How far in advanced can we book FastPass+ reservations?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom