MagliteL13 & Celestia's Christmassy Photo Post

MissM

Cool photos! :) It's funny because when I was there on Halloween, one of the CM's was saying how they were going to start decorating for the holidays that night after the party ended. Seemed funny but I realized he probably wasn't kidding!
-m

mousermerf

Account Suspended
MissM said:
Cool photos! :) It's funny because when I was there on Halloween, one of the CM's was saying how they were going to start decorating for the holidays that night after the party ended. Seemed funny but I realized he probably wasn't kidding!
-m

Seriosuly, this seems like overkill, but it takes time to get done i guess.

I suppose Epcot is waitng to finish taking down all of the Food/Wine stuff before it starts decorating?

tink rules

Ok.... somebody PLEASE figure out what's going to happen with the tree!!!! I was SOOOOO looking forwards to it!!! (seeing it I mean...) Is the tree in the rose garden the same size as the tree usually down on Main Street? Is it even the same tree? & maybe they will have 2 trees??????

How long does it take for them to assemble the tree at MK? Do they do it at night?

I saw them put the tree up at the Grand a few years back... the building is designed for the tree... I went down for breakfast and they were about 1/2 done and when I came back from the parks, it was finished. I was amazed because the mirrors and such that I thought they might hang around the hotel, ended up on the tree!!! I also saw the Gingerbread house go up. I went down the night before to do some shopping and they had the frame outside by the pool. I thought that it was going to be something like a dolls house for outside, but it ended up the next morning inside and they were applying all the gingerbread to it. It was pretty incredible.

PBarton

Great pictures!

I would love to visit WDW for Christmas, I don't think it will ever happen though due to my workplace's Christmas leave policy.

:(

celestia

It seems my bandwidth has been exceeded for my photos, I will try to repost the using my wdwmagic photo album later tonight, my apologies.
:(

celestia

tirian said:
Although I cannot officially confirm or deny anything, I can tell you that the CM at City Hall didn't tell you the truth. The smaller Christmas tree was put up in the Rose Garden for the Extreme Home Makeover filming. The real MK Christmas tree--the huge one--is still in pieces by the Holiday building in backstage MK.

I thought that was the outdoor contemporary one, and the other one there was epcots...?

I could be wrong

Aurora23

Two questions.... Where are the trees that you have labeled "Lilo's Tree, Mickey's Tree, Meeko's Tree..."?

And where in the park is that huge dinosaur?

Thanks! Looking forward to finding these in 27 days!

MagliteL13

Original Poster
tink rules said:
Ok.... somebody PLEASE figure out what's going to happen with the tree!!!! I was SOOOOO looking forwards to it!!! (seeing it I mean...) Is the tree in the rose garden the same size as the tree usually down on Main Street? Is it even the same tree? & maybe they will have 2 trees??????

How long does it take for them to assemble the tree at MK? Do they do it at night?

I saw them put the tree up at the Grand a few years back... the building is designed for the tree... I went down for breakfast and they were about 1/2 done and when I came back from the parks, it was finished. I was amazed because the mirrors and such that I thought they might hang around the hotel, ended up on the tree!!! I also saw the Gingerbread house go up. I went down the night before to do some shopping and they had the frame outside by the pool. I thought that it was going to be something like a dolls house for outside, but it ended up the next morning inside and they were applying all the gingerbread to it. It was pretty incredible.

There are two trees sitting outside Holiday Services right now. One looks like the Epcot tree and the other looks like the Contemporary tree. The one in the MK Rose Garden IS the MK tree and it WILL be moved after the filming. Also, I was told there's more filming going on that week for Regis and Kelly (the show, not the parade). They've already started to move gear in too for the filming. Road Cases were lined up in the Rose Garden as well. Took a picture of them but didn't post it.

For some reason I can't see the new bigger pics. :( It just show this symbol:
IMG_3393.jpg
Why??? :cry: :mad:

PhotoDave219

tink rules said:

There will be one tree at the MK and it is where it is... for the moment.
I highly doubt it will move due to the sheer size of the tree.

The rehab on the train station is the issue....

mousermerf

Account Suspended
celestia said:
I thought that was the outdoor contemporary one, and the other one there was epcots...?

I could be wrong

Whats the decor?

Contemporary has very basic round balls in primary colors topped with a 5-point star. Epcot's tree has been covered with doves, scrolls of various languages, and then topped with a triumphant angel.

JEDIsney

Thank you so so so much for the pictures! They are beautiful.

Thanks to you, I'm looking foward to my trip in 12 days even more, because I've never been there for the Christmas decorations and these pictures are getting me even more excited!

mandib

Thanks for the pictures. I told my mom I wanted to go right now and she's said that if I drove right through I'd get there by midnight. There's this little thing called school stopping me. psh. Thanks again!! 40 days 3 hours 34 minutes!

MagliteL13

Original Poster
mousermerf said:
Whats the decor?

Contemporary has very basic round balls in primary colors topped with a 5-point star. Epcot's tree has been covered with doves, scrolls of various languages, and then topped with a triumphant angel.

The big one is the one that sits outside the Contemp. (not sure if there's one inside the contemp or not) The other tree is Epcot.

CTXRover

utrythinkinof1 said:
For some reason I can't see the new bigger pics. :( It just show this symbol: Why??? :cry: :mad:

I'm getting the same symbol for the last two sets of pictures as well :(

The tree placement makes sense for filming national television specials, but I do hope they intend on moving it back to its traditional spot on Main Street when the filming is done. However, that does seem like unnecessary work perhaps. In such a large open space next to the castle, it does make the tree look small though. At least a tree in that location does look nice (but not as MK's only tree imo).

maxime29

Premium Member
You get the PhotoBucket logo because the bandwidth is being used up. I can't see them either. :(

Maybe put them in a photo album?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom