Magician Mickey's Madcap Mania (working title)

mharrington

Original Poster
Well Mickey would have to be voice by Chris since his voice is similar to the way Walt voice Mickey.
I was actually just thinking of Bret Iwan. I also was thinking of doing something like "Get a Horse" (or Mickey's Philharmagic), which has audio dialogue taken from the old cartoons thrown in, which means that Mickey would be voiced by Walt (and maybe James MacDonald, too), while Donald would be voiced by Clarence Nash and Goofy would be voiced by Pinto Colvig and others.

mharrington

Original Poster
Okay, I'm going to tell the truth about why I went with putting the Mickey ride on Main Street instead of Storybook Circus...

I really want to do a water-based spinner like this one here:

It's for something called the Twist 'n' Splash, from Mack Rides, and the above video is just one example: a SpongeBob Squarepants-themed ride located at Blackpool Pleasure Beach in England. Other such rides include:
-The Penguin (at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom)
-Tsunami Soaker (at Six Flags St. Louis)
-Expedition Nautilus (at Attractiepark Slagharen)

Anyway, my idea for the ride would likely be themed to Donald Duck and a seal lion act (based on "Mickey's Circus"), possibly called "The Astounding Duke Donaldo and His Silly Symphonic Seals":
MV5BNDA3ZTMzYTctOTJjZi00ODIzLTlhMGEtZjkyMGNmM2FlZWE5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTc0NjY1ODk@._V1_.jpg

However, as you can tell by the mock-up of the potential location for the Mickey ride in Storybook Circus, there's no room for that and the spinner at the same time:
storybook%2Bcircus%2Bmap.jpg

Maybe in a perfect world, it might be possible to do both, but the reality is, there may only be enough space for just one or the other. Unlike many people here, I like to be ultra-realistic with my ideas, which means constantly (over)thinking about the surrounding area, backstage facilities, etc. The only way that both could even remotely exist in the same land is if that tent back there (in front of where it says "Backstage to Storybook Circus Access Road") was removed, but even then, I'm pretty sure the footprint just for the Twist 'n' Splash would not be big enough to accommodate.

The fact is, as I've said on more than on occasion (case in point, here: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/how-can-i-stop-overthinking-my-ideas.979687/), I like to be realistic with everything I do and not wear the fact that it is and always will be fiction like a badge of honor.

I also had given some consideration to doing a Pinocchio theme to the Twist 'n' Splash, themed around Monstro, but it seems a lot of people (or at least @MickeyMouse10) think that a simple spinner (and a slow one at that) can't do justice to Pinocchio, especially to the climax of that movie.

MickeyMouse10

The Donald ride sounds pretty good. I think it would fit in very nicely with the Storybook Circus section. It's a decent replacement for his boat, which used to be there a while back.

You could even do a Circus version where you shoot at Clowns.

mharrington

Original Poster
The Donald ride sounds pretty good. I think it would fit in very nicely with the Storybook Circus section. It's a decent replacement for his boat, which used to be there a while back.

You could even do a Circus version where you shoot at Clowns.
That's not the point, though. Yes, it would be a good fit, but it's impossible to have both the Mickey dark ride (the earlier Mickey's House of Wonders) and the Donald ride in that area at the same time.

As I've said before, in a perfect world, they would be able to fit, but unlike many people here, I try to fit my ideas into the real world, rather than just come up with ideas that would be good. I like to take real-world considerations into account.

Last edited:

mharrington

Original Poster
I've also thought about adding in a flat ride, possibly a second whip ride like Alien Swirling Saucers, in the area, instead of the Mickey ride and the Twist-n-Splash ride (which I was thinking of retheming to Pinocchio's encounter with Monstro), and have that be the theme of Donald and the seals. However, from doing calculations of size on Google Maps, I've noticed that the average footprint of a whip ride is about 600 to 700 feet (maybe even 800), whereas the footprint of Pete's Silly Sideshow, which my ride would partially take over, is more about 650 feet. The only way this might be alleviated is if the space was also expanded to feature that yellow tent off to the side which I believe is a bit of a rest area.

MickeyMouse10

That's not the point, though. Yes, it would be a good fit, but it's impossible to have both the Mickey dark ride (the earlier Mickey's House of Wonders) and the Donald ride in that area at the same time.

As I've said before, in a perfect world, they would be able to fit, but unlike many people here, I try to fit my ideas into the real world, rather than just come up with ideas that would be good. I like to take real-world considerations into account.

I'm saying you should go with just the Donald ride for this section. Mickey's attraction can go on or behind Main Street, where the theatre was rumored to go.

... And please stop repeating the line "I'm realistic and no one else on the board is." It's not nice to say that about other people.

mharrington

Original Poster
I'm saying you should go with just the Donald ride for this section. Mickey's attraction can go on or behind Main Street, where the theatre was rumored to go.

I tried to go with a whip ride like Alien Swirling Saucers, something a little more exciting, but I think the space for that may be too big.

... And please stop repeating the line "I'm realistic and no one else on the board is." It's not nice to say that about other people.

I don't really know how else to express my thoughts and feelings, though. The thing is, I'm autistic, which is to say, I'm literal-minded. I'm more of a Dr. Channing type than a Dreamfinder type (i.e., preferring to control the imagination rather than set it free).

Because of that mindset, I've deliberately put the kibosh on many ideas I've had because they would not fit physical, real-world constraints. It's no fun coming up with ideas if they will not realistically work. It's also the reason why, back in that one thread about putting a new park in a made-up place/location, I've been agonizing about adding a disclaimer to state that what I'm putting down is not real.

Last edited:

mharrington

Original Poster
One example of an idea I've had for something that I never put up because I can't find a place to put it is a roller coaster ride themed to "Mickey and the Beanstalk" from "Fun and Fancy Free", which is similar to a Puss In Boots coaster located at the Universal park in Singapore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom