Magicband + Roll Out

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
I get they can't predict exact days some rides or restaurants are going to open, but good lord these bands aren't I phones, why the vague "coming in summer" release timeline for these things?

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
Maybe they have not secured sufficient stock yet? Even if one component is potentially hung up they might be uncomfortable releasing until they are certain stock can keep up with demand. If availability became limited to ebay resellers everybody would be pointing fingers at Disney for the egregious mark ups.

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
Maybe they have not secured sufficient stock yet? Even if one component is potentially hung up they might be uncomfortable releasing until they are certain stock can keep up with demand. If availability became limited to ebay resellers everybody would be pointing fingers at Disney for the egregious mark ups.
Oh yeah, they really don't want that to happen lol
they will be
I am leaving next week, don't have my hopes up.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Thanks. I guess I managed to miss that info.

I'm kind of surprised Disney is making further investment into wearables. I thought that tech was rapidly overwhelmed by smartphones and got abandoned in the trough of disillusionment.
They are doing well on MagicBand sales despite smartphone. I think a lot of families where the kids dont have phone is coming into play, along with the limited edition collectibles. Something about having a MagicBand seems to appeal to people. Start of vacation time etc.

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
They are doing well on MagicBand sales despite smartphone. I think a lot of families where the kids dont have phone is coming into play, along with the limited edition collectibles. Something about having a MagicBand seems to appeal to people. Start of vacation time etc.
I know for myself it's a nice way to not have the phone on for EVERYTHING, like getting into the room etc.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I'm kind of surprised Disney is making further investment into wearables. I thought that tech was rapidly overwhelmed by smartphones and got abandoned in the trough of disillusionment.
The smartphone angle was to give people an alternative when they discontinued free MBs for resort guests. MBs have always sold well and their demise was written prematurely. They were never going anywhere.

I know for myself it's a nice way to not have the phone on for EVERYTHING, like getting into the room etc.
I like not bringing my phone and wallet to the pool as well.

ThistleMae

Can't wait for them to be released! Definitely want one. I have lots of MB's and I like collecting them. Not going till Sept. so I'm sure they'll be for sale by then.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom