MagicBand Re-use Question

Hello,

I tried checking through the forums but I am getting some mixed replies.....

We were just at the world late December 2013. Now we are going back this Friday. I received an email today from WDW advising me my magic bands would be waiting for me at check-in on Friday.

Now here is the question: If I have custom colored and named bands with our Annual Passes attached to them that we received in December, do I have to use the new (gray) magic bands Disney is going to provide me at check-in and have the annual passes transferred to those bands, or can I have my room access attached to my old magicbands and continue to use them? And what about my fastpass selections? Anyone have this experience yet? Thanks in advance!

John G.

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
On October, we stayed on-site and received our magic Bands which we linked to our passes. End of the trip, we upgraded to seasonal passes which are linked to our magic bands. Went back in December, stayed OFF-site, and used those same bands to enter the parks and for accessing our fast pass selections. We have 2 new on-site trips booked for Feb and May. Just customized our bands for February...got different colors and added the date to keep track of which is which but from what I've read, I should be able to use either set as a room key. I'll bring them both just in case but I'm also interested to read some reponses on this issue.

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
On October, we stayed on-site and received our magic Bands which we linked to our passes. End of the trip, we upgraded to seasonal passes which are linked to our magic bands. Went back in December, stayed OFF-site, and used those same bands to enter the parks and for accessing our fast pass selections. We have 2 new on-site trips booked for Feb and May. Just customized our bands for February...got different colors and added the date to keep track of which is which but from what I've read, I should be able to use either set as a room key. I'll bring them both just in case but I'm also interested to read some reponses on this issue.
My bands from prior vacations continued to work as room key, admission, FP+ and charging for the new vacation. (Have tried this on 3 separate stays.)

Upvote 0

Becky

Hello,

I tried checking through the forums but I am getting some mixed replies.....

We were just at the world late December 2013. Now we are going back this Friday. I received an email today from WDW advising me my magic bands would be waiting for me at check-in on Friday.

Now here is the question: If I have custom colored and named bands with our Annual Passes attached to them that we received in December, do I have to use the new (gray) magic bands Disney is going to provide me at check-in and have the annual passes transferred to those bands, or can I have my room access attached to my old magicbands and continue to use them? And what about my fastpass selections? Anyone have this experience yet? Thanks in advance!

John G.
The reason you get different answers is that the Magic Bands do NOT always work they way they are supposed to. We have gone to WDW 3 times (they say 4 as the last trip was a continuing ressie at the same hotel). So we ended up with 4 Magic Bands each. All worked for FP+, getting into the parks and opening the room door UNTIL the third day of the trip when I could not get into our room with an "old" Magic Band which worked for everything else and had worked for the room. When we checked in they told us all the bands were active. As we found out three were not for the room after the second day. When I went to see what the problem was there was a long line of people who had the same problem. Moral, always carry the most recent band just in case.

Upvote 0

Ariel Savage

I would have a CM double check everything at check-in. This past fall, we received magicbands for the first time. When arriving at DHS, my mom was told her magicband was "expired" even though we had just checked in 2 hours prior. Turns out the problem was that the computers still had her linked to a card (not even a magicband) from her last trip the year before. No one else in my party had this problem and it was a pain to fix (No CMs at the time seemed to know what to do to fix it. In 2 days time, I had visited the front desk 7 times trying to get them to fix different magicband issues, including opening my hotel door!!!). I'm sure it will all work out but when arriving, definitely tell the CM what you want.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom