MagicBand Printer Kiosk

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Original Poster
So with all the cash grabbing of late with these specialty Magicbands (see: Frozen MagicBand)
I can't help but think that a kiosk in which guests can walk up to, insert $5 and print out a custom-designed "officially-licensed" MagicBand cover skin...could be in the works!?

If people are paying upwards of a dollar to create a stamped souvenir penny; Why not have some kind-of fun, interactive "Disney CoverBand Designer" that can print unique MagicBand covers. The machine would feature:

Disney CoverBand Designer:

Walk-up Kiosk (think Redbox)
Touch Screen Art Designer (features: patterns, RGB paint bucket, character images, text personalization)
Self-adhesive Re-positional Vinyl Printer and Cutter

I would pay for this! If I'm going to have a watch-less "wrist watch" on my arm I'd like for it to at least be personalized. I can see something like this being popular in the parks amd Disney Stores.

Last edited:

MonorailRed

Applebees
So with all the cash grabbing of late with these specialty Magicbands (see: Frozen MagicBand)
I can't help but think that a kiosk in which guests can walk up to, insert $5 and print out a custom-designed "officially-licensed" MagicBand cover skin...could be in the works!?

If people are paying upwards of a dollar to create a stamped souvenir penny; Why not have some kind-of fun, interactive "Disney CoverBand Designer" that can print unique MagicBand covers. The machine would feature:

Disney CoverBand Designer:

Walk-up Kiosk (think Redbox)
Touch Screen Art Designer (features: patterns, RGB paint bucket, character images, text personalization)
Self-adhesive Re-positional Vinyl Printer and Cutter

I would pay for this! If I'm going to have a watch-less "wrist watch" on my arm I'd like for it to at least be personalized. I can see something like this being popular in the parks amd Disney Stores.

This is Brilliant! I could totally see this in the Parks! Awesome idea!

I wonder if eventually, there could be kiosks to add park days to magic bands, ect… That could be where Ticket Booths are now…
IG%2020.jpg

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Original Poster
I wonder if eventually, there could be kiosks to add park days to magic bands, ect… That could be where Ticket Booths are now…

THAT...should have been implemented day ONE.

To "regurgitate" some of my previous post: It looks like peeps ARE designing their own coverbands; just not in the parks or Disney Stores. Crafty DIYers are using using cloth swatches, markers or vinyl paper for their custom designs. I think even a few online "cellphone/laptop skin" companies are getting in on the action. Seems an obvious money-maker to me.

...'though to Disney's credit and rightfully so; they appear to be making enough money off those MagicBand "Zip-a-Dee-Doodads" to question the idea of ever adding a Create a CoverBand kiosk!? And let's be real here...Disney has probably thought of this concept.

BTW...If "Zip-a-Dee-Doodads" isn't trademarked -- I call dibs!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom