MagicBand + Annual Pass Discounts

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
So on my trip this fall, my local friend who has an AP would have access to download all of my photos, even though he's not with us, and the photos are on my profile. (though I understand the photos would still have the usual 45-day expiration...)

-Rob
As long as you've allowed him access to your profile, then, from what I've been told he can definitely view them, but I am unsure about downloading them.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
So on my trip this fall, my local friend who has an AP would have access to download all of my photos, even though he's not with us, and the photos are on my profile. (though I understand the photos would still have the usual 45-day expiration...)

-Rob
OK, so in checking the MDE website, under Friends and Family for my wife it says this:
DW can view and purchase your PhotoPass photos.
Saying that, I would make a very rash assumption that with the new passes, if a person is allowed to "purchase" your Photopass photos, since it is now free for us, your friend should be able to download them for free. Guess we'll have to wait for someone to actually try it and let us know.

RonAnnArbor

By the way, on the Disney Destinations email I just got today I specifically looked for this, and the following is indicated IN ITS OWN SECTION IN BOLD LETTERING there is absolutely no way to miss it unless you just delete your emails:

Member affiliations are not associated to your MagicBands. Be sure to bring your Membership Cards, IDs and Passes with you to get your benefits throughout your stay.

iwannabeindisney

Just to play devils advocate...Lets say I have an AP show it to the cashier along with my ID. However I'm really purchasing a friend/family members items to give them the discount and use their magic band and pin which is linked to their own credit card. I feel like there's always loopholes. Same as if the AP is paying with another persons cash and giving them their discount.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Just to play devils advocate...Lets say I have an AP show it to the cashier along with my ID. However I'm really purchasing a friend/family members items to give them the discount and use their magic band and pin which is linked to their own credit card. I feel like there's always loopholes. Same as if the AP is paying with another persons cash and giving them their discount.
Well of course there is, but that is where your personal morals have to come into play and ask if it is right that I break the rules. Not judging here at all, and only you can answer that question. It is not something we would ever even consider doing, but we know it will happen.

Cmdr_Crimson

Just so your aware this is what it says about said discounts in the new 2016 booklet....
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/m... WDW Passholder Guidebook iPhone new4 1-5.pdf

Discount is not valid on previous purchases or on purchases of ticket media, gift certificates, Disney Gift Cards, Park admission, Arcades, Disney Dollars, tobacco, alcohol, outdoor vending (e.g., in-Park balloon vendors, glow vendors), Add-a-Dollar (Wildlife Conservation Fund), postage stamps, rentals (e.g., strollers, ECV), personalization, Disney PhotoPass+, Disney PhotoPass® Online, Disney Store Online, framed Disney Dollars, Artist Sketch Program (original art), original or consignment art, newspapers/ periodicals, videos, DVDs, CDs, sundries, pantry/prepared foods, digital/video/disposable cameras, film, consumer electronics, Titleist® and Cobra® golf equipment, National branded fragrances, treatments and cosmetics, Lladró, Armani, Hummel, Swarovski® Crystal, Walt Disney Classics Collection, select collectible originals, select specialty items, handmade items, special orders, purchase-with-purchase offers, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and The Pirates League packages, shipping or taxes, or on phone, email, online or mail order purchases. A valid Passholder ID and government-issued photo ID must be presented at time of purchase to receive discount. May not be combined with any other discount, offer, or promotion. Discount is for personal use only and may not be used to purchase merchandise with the intent to resell the merchandise

lazyboy97o

The problem Disney has with linking the discount to the MB is fraud. There would be nothing to prevent someone from giving their band to someone else (that doesn't have an AP) to receive the discount. So still need the card and ID. We have always known and been told that we need both for the AP discount. Just like needing our DVC card and ID for a DVC discount.
And yet Disney in many cases would do nothing if merchandise were just stolen.

The constant demand for checking ID at Disney is just obnoxious.

WillCAD

I had an AP on my last trip, and several times CMs gave me the Passholder discount before I said anything, because they noticed the Passholder slider on my MagicBand. In those cases, they also didn't ask for the Passholder ID. I think I only showed the Passholder ID three or four times, when I bought stuff at Downtown Disney.

The ID thing varies from CM to CM. My guess is that it also varies a little depending on how big a purchase you're making - if you're trying to get a discount on a thousand dollar purchase, they're probably more likely to check your eligibility for the discount than if you're spending twenty bucks on a few magnets or a t-shirt.

And yet Disney in many cases would do nothing if merchandise were just stolen.

The constant demand for checking ID at Disney is just obnoxious.

I agree. ID is meaningless to any sort of security, except perhaps to prevent credit card fraud (or in WDW's case, park pass transfer). Ironically, all of the major credit card companies specifically prohibit merchants from asking for ID and requires them to check signatures on the card against signatures on the receipt ONLY. Yet many vendors today demand ID whenever you use a credit card, and completely ignore the signature.

The European chip-and-pin system cannot get to America fast enough for me. Of course, we're going to have to endure several years of chip-and-signature nonsense during the "switchover", because Americans still seem to think that their signatures, which can't be changed if someone learns how to forge them, are more secure than their PINs, which can be easily changed if compromised.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom