MagicBand+ announced

UNCgolf

Disney’s Electrical Light Parade?

Umm what? The images appear to be from the Main Street Electrical Parade but I do not know if this Electrical Light Parade.

I was wondering the same thing -- I don't think it's ever been called the Electrical Light Parade, but maybe it has? Seems like a strange thing to get wrong.

Or they actually are bringing it back again and that will be the new name.

lewisc

I’ve been keeping an eye on the stock of regular magicbands and it’s really disappointing that it hasn’t improved at all. I really hope they aren’t phasing them out.
I'll speculate regular MB might stop getting special bands, limited editions etc. MB for cheapskates might be limited to grey and a handful of basic colors

VJ

Disney’s Electrical Light Parade?

Umm what? The images appear to be from the Main Street Electrical Parade but I do not know if this Electrical Light Parade.
I was wondering the same thing -- I don't think it's ever been called the Electrical Light Parade, but maybe it has? Seems like a strange thing to get wrong.

Or they actually are bringing it back again and that will be the new name.
The parade has been known as Main Street Electrical Parade for every iteration in its history since its premiere at Disneyland in 1972 (with the two exceptions being Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade and Disney's Electrical Parade, given that Tokyo Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure do not have Main Street, U.S.A. lands)

Disney has called the parade "Electrical/Electric Light Parade" unofficially a handful of times...
1660609621569.png

...but there's never been an instance of that name being treated as official until now.

Raxel7851

I'll speculate regular MB might stop getting special bands, limited editions etc. MB for cheapskates might be limited to grey and a handful of basic colors
MB for “cheapskates”? Most people love having choices and if you have a large family planning a Disney trip, those $34.95 MB+ add up quickly. Especially if you’re just planning on going one and done. Did we purchase them, yes we did. We’re just 2 people who visit 3-4 times a year. I totally get why some people will stick with the regular MB.

DisneyHead123

I totally get why some people will stick with the regular MB.
Yeah, I opted to stick with the old school ones for now because:

1. The potential for glitches increases when the level of technology increases.

2. The current Magic Band +’s do very little to justify the hassle of charging nightly. I’m not interested in Star Wars games. Waving them wildly in front of a statue to get a snippet of music to inconsistently play and getting a few LED lights during fireworks seems is a bit “whatever”, to my mind.

I think the jury is still out on whether these will be the next big thing or if they’ll be a flash in the pan and Disney integration into Apple Watches will be more where it’s at.

DisneyDreamer08

MB for “cheapskates”? Most people love having choices and if you have a large family planning a Disney trip, those $34.95 MB+ add up quickly. Especially if you’re just planning on going one and done. Did we purchase them, yes we did. We’re just 2 people who visit 3-4 times a year. I totally get why some people will stick with the regular MB.

Yeah, I opted to stick with the old school ones for now because:

1. The potential for glitches increases when the level of technology increases.

2. The current Magic Band +’s do very little to justify the hassle of charging nightly. I’m not interested in Star Wars games. Waving them wildly in front of a statue to get a snippet of music to inconsistently play and getting a few LED lights during fireworks seems is a bit “whatever”, to my mind.

I think the jury is still out on whether these will be the next big thing or if they’ll be a flash in the pan and Disney integration into Apple Watches will be more where it’s at.
That’s I feel too. Not enough difference as of yet to justify the price increase. My girls (and me) have no interest in Star Wars. And honestly, I don’t need MORE devices to charge at night.

AEfx

That’s I feel too. Not enough difference as of yet to justify the price increase. My girls (and me) have no interest in Star Wars. And honestly, I don’t need MORE devices to charge at night.
No one does.

I won't be surprised if Disney starts selling character themed power strips, a family of 4 with these and phones is going to need to charge 8 devices a night (!).

Or even better, they start doing power strips as room-add ons for $15/night, LOL.

DisneyfanMA

After discussing with my spouse, we don't care about the flashing lights and want to limit frivilous costs.

I'm gonna go ahead and order Magic Band 2 while they are available. I am confirming here, they WILL work for my family in Nov right? Only use case I'm aware of/care about is park entrance and boarding rides. (we are off property). The size will fit tiny little wrists (ages 6-9) as well? Please confirm

Thanks

runnsally

After discussing with my spouse, we don't care about the flashing lights and want to limit frivilous costs.

I'm gonna go ahead and order Magic Band 2 while they are available. I am confirming here, they WILL work for my family in Nov right? Only use case I'm aware of/care about is park entrance and boarding rides. (we are off property). The size will fit tiny little wrists (ages 6-9) as well? Please confirm

Thanks
FriviloUS would be an amazing nighttime spectacular

aaronml

Thanks
Yep, they will indeed work

dreday3

So I purchased 2 back on August 1. Just to update- still no charge on my credit card, pending fell off a while ago.

I'm sure they aren't working on ours because our trip isn't for 8 months. No concerns, but I do wonder if the ones we chose will be out of stock by the time they are ready to send.

JoeCamel

So I purchased 2 back on August 1. Just to update- still no charge on my credit card, pending fell off a while ago.

I'm sure they aren't working on ours because our trip isn't for 8 months. No concerns, but I do wonder if the ones we chose will be out of stock by the time they are ready to send.
Won't be out of stock but MB3 will be out by that time

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom