MagicBand+ announced

CaptainAmerica

Original Poster
Mine were delivered yesterday and I have to say... do not buy a MagicBand+ for young children or skinny people. The Icon is much thicker than MB2 and they don't fit little wrists. I actually find them more comfortable than MB2 for myself because the straps are more flexible, but they look ridiculous on my daughters (7 and 4) and are even borderline on my wife.

DisneyDreamer08

Mine were delivered yesterday and I have to say... do not buy a MagicBand+ for young children or skinny people. The Icon is much thicker than MB2 and they don't fit little wrists. I actually find them more comfortable than MB2 for myself because the straps are more flexible, but they look ridiculous on my daughters (7 and 4) and are even borderline on my wife.
I was wondering about this, specifically for kids. They do look bigger.

dreday3

I have skinny arms and I've watched vloggers with skinny arms wearing these bands - I think they look fine. Like a clunkier bracelet.
I love a good over-sized watch face anyways.

Maybe your kids will grow into them? :D

Br0ckford

My wife has skinny wrists, this will be a problem for her then. Sounds like I get 2 of them when they arrive. Nice.

disfan411

I ordered the MagicBand+ bands on release day (27th) and only had the option to ship to resort. Does anyone know if the status changes when its resort delivery? Will it change to say delivered or does it just sit on in Progress? Arrive on Saturday, so was hoping I would have seen a status change by now if they were sent there.

Patcheslee

Hmm, I'll try on DHs when I get home.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Epcot has an iPad demonstrating MagicBand+ features

MyMagicPlus_Full_48151.jpg

StarWarsGirl

Oh good. Finally an advantage to having large wrists. 🤣

tnemgif

I’m currently on the phone with Disney guest services. According to guest services, there is a massive backlog for Magic Band orders through resort reservations. Disney expected in-park demand to be much higher, so diverted inventory to the parks. However, they may have oversold for resort guests, while still having ample inventory in the parks. It sounds like many guests staying within the next few weeks may not receive their bands on time (including my party).

I’m waiting to hear what their solution is, but I think they’re hesitant to commit to any specific answer.

Edit: They told me that band orders will automatically redirect/ship to the hotel if they ship within a week or so from arrival. If the bands still aren’t at the hotel, speak with the front desk to find a solution. Guest services would not give any firm answer as to what that solution may be, but they did tell me that the hotel will have to come up with the solution (so don’t let the hotel ask you to call customer service).

Last edited:

Gillyanne

I’m currently on the phone with Disney guest services. According to guest services, there is a massive backlog for Magicband orders through resort reservations. Disney expected in-park demand to be much higher, so diverted inventory to the parks. However, they may have oversold for resort guests, while still having ample inventory in the parks. It sounds like many guests staying within the next few weeks may not receive their bands on time.

I’m waiting to hear what their solution is, but I think they’re hesitant to commit to any specific solution.

I'm guessing this is probably a first (not being able to meet resort demand) so any idea what they'd do for people who opted to send to the resort if they're not ready? My friend is waiting until her 10 day mark (which should be tomorrow or Sunday) to order hers so she can pick resort delivery. Now I wonder if the bands will even make it there in time while they're there :-/ at least they do have a 8 night stay so that buys some time...

dploew

I’m currently on the phone with Disney guest services. According to guest services, there is a massive backlog for Magicband orders through resort reservations. Disney expected in-park demand to be much higher, so diverted inventory to the parks. However, they may have oversold for resort guests, while still having ample inventory in the parks. It sounds like many guests staying within the next few weeks may not receive their bands on time (including my party).

I’m waiting to hear what their solution is, but I think they’re hesitant to commit to any specific solution.
I don't understand why they didn't just divert the shipping for all upcoming reservations to the resorts. I'm curious to hear if you get a recommended solution. We fly out Monday morning and the tracking just says picked up in Florida Tuesday evening by shipping partner. Postal service doesn't even have it yet.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
I’m currently on the phone with Disney guest services. According to guest services, there is a massive backlog for Magicband orders through resort reservations. Disney expected in-park demand to be much higher, so diverted inventory to the parks. However, they may have oversold for resort guests, while still having ample inventory in the parks. It sounds like many guests staying within the next few weeks may not receive their bands on time.

Can anyone explain how Disney - a company that is as advanced at customer research as anyone this side of P&G - has absolutely borked so many things the last few years?

Genie+: absolute disaster except for the 3 posters on this board who defend it constantly
50th Anniversary: utterly underwhelming (even without the pandemic, it would have underwhelmed)
MB+: ridiculous delays followed by inability to fulfill orders

We have family friends who are lifelong Disney people and have taken their son 2-3 times a year (from Texas) since he was born 9 years ago. They have decided to stop, because they no longer feel the magic, but instead feel like walking ATMs.

I'm just sick of their crap.

tnemgif

I'm guessing this is probably a first (not being able to meet resort demand) so any idea what they'd do for people who opted to send to the resort if they're not ready? My friend is waiting until her 10 day mark (which should be tomorrow or Sunday) to order hers so she can pick resort delivery. Now I wonder if the bands will even make it there in time while they're there :-/ at least they do have a 8 night stay so that buys some time...
Customer service wouldn’t give me any firm solution if bands don’t arrive at the hotel on time, but we circled around the idea that the hotel front desk may be able to provide vouchers for bands.

However, it sounds like Disney is hesitant to provide free bands, especially if your bands are due to arrive a few days after the start of your vacation. This is probably more true with the higher cost of MagicBand+. Again, this was all a very wish-washy conversation and I couldn’t get any firm answers. Not the customer service rep’s fault, but Disney’s for not having any contingency plans in place.

lewisc

up in Florida Tuesday evening by shipping partner.
Do you know which shipping partner? Do you have a tracking number for the partner?
Genie+: absolute disaster except for the 3 posters on this board who defend it
Available information suggests Genie+ is a huge success, in terms of sales. That's the metric Disney is going by.

Disney should be upgrading shipping, at a minimum.

dploew

Do you know which shipping partner? Do you have a tracking number for the partner?

Available information suggests Genie+ is a huge success, in terms of sales. That's the metric Disney is going by.

Disney should be upgrading shipping, at a minimum.
Shipping partner is OSM worldwide. They give the USPS tracking number and that is it.

I offered to pay to upgrade shipping or have it diverted to the resort 2 days before it allegedly "shipped" and was told neither is possible. After 4 phone calls and various chats, the best i've gotten is a shopdisney agent saying they'll refund it if it doesn't come in time so I'll most likely be buying new ones when I arrive (hopefully the same ones). I hope my saving that chat session will be enough to get my money back.

Disstevefan1

I’m currently on the phone with Disney guest services. According to guest services, there is a massive backlog for Magic Band orders through resort reservations. Disney expected in-park demand to be much higher, so diverted inventory to the parks. However, they may have oversold for resort guests, while still having ample inventory in the parks. It sounds like many guests staying within the next few weeks may not receive their bands on time (including my party).

I’m waiting to hear what their solution is, but I think they’re hesitant to commit to any specific answer.

Edit: They told me that band orders will automatically redirect/ship to the hotel if they ship within a week or so from arrival. If the bands still aren’t at the hotel, speak with the front desk to find a solution. Guest services would not give any firm answer as to what that solution may be, but they did tell me that the hotel will have to come up with the solution (so don’t let the hotel ask you to call customer service).
It makes you wonder.

Is Disney Data so stupid as to again underestimate demand or screwed up their logistics or they are trying to maintain a zero inventory

or the worst of all,

Disney has the attitude, "We already have our onsite guests' minds, hearts and MONEY, they will put up with whatever situation"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom