magical smells

P-3 FE

As a former CM at MK and going through Traditions and of course fully learning the park, I can sadly say that the smell of Chocolate Chip cookies being baked is indeed a manufactured odor. We were told (many years ago), that this was indeed a marketing idea to attract guests inside to buy goods.

Now for the fun part-MAN do I LOVE the cookie and ice cream combo!!!!! Breakfast, lunch, or dinner or anywhere in between-I cannot make a visit without having one. And no, I don't share so don't ask-only kidding-LOL!!!!

Who really cares about the smell anyway=it's the cookie that tastes so good that makes the day!!!

Remember the Magic!!!!:p

palmage

Funnel Cakes at American Experience
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:slurp: :slurp: :slurp:
you can smell them at any fair, but it's different at Disney.

ilovepluto23

In general, a lot of businesses use artificial smells to draw in customers, not just Disney. I guess that's why the Turkey Legs smell a whole lot better than they actually taste, IMHO:lol:

Kristi Kay

I know this is weird, but i like the smell of PoTC as you are walking through, it's old is musty...but I just love it....strange, right?

DisneyChik17

I know this is weird, but i like the smell of PoTC as you are walking through, it's old is musty...but I just love it....strange, right?

I love that smell too. It reminds me of the old military forts around us. I also love Rome burning in SSE. I breath so deep around that scene. LOL!

Apple Core

Some of the indoor Magic Kingdom rides like Peter Pan, Snow White and Haunted Mansion have a certain smell that never changes. It's not a good or bad smell...but one that makes me feel like a wide-eyed kid again.

Then there's the Alien goo in Great Movie Ride. And the fog in the old Dreamflight (scene where you feel like you're heading into a jet engine) was reminiscent of the Mannequins dance floor fog.

All neither real yummy like baked goods, nor stinky, but yet still "good" because they are signature smells of WDW.

MaXXimus

I know what ya mean Cher, I still to this day can remember that musty type of smell from 20000 Leagues while riding the sub and looking out the portals. Sometimes I wish I could go back to those good old days.

flynnibus

Premium Member
*gag* that was the worst part of the stitch ride. thinking about it is making me smell it....:hurl:

I don't understand all the commotion over this part of the ride. It's not that strong at all... the stench blown in Journey into Imag is stronger IMHO

ckvin

They could stand to pump in a few manufactured smells over at Animal Kingdom. There are several places in the park that are just unbearable...and it's got NOTHING to do with the animals. Anyone else ever notice this?

IROC it

Ever notice the smell of Jasmine in the air near the Aladdin's Magic Carpet ride at MK?

Of course there's the different scents, redwoods/ocean, etc, in Soarin' at EPCOT.

Krozar

I think Disney is very proud of their perfected Chocolate Chip cookie smell. Next to the machine is a huge label that proudly boasts what it is.

Aye, mold makes many of the great smells that we know and love. Monorail and PotC are naturally scented ,

Being in a monorail brings back memories of sailing. The cabin of a fiberglass sailboat has the exact same smell. It's hard to keep the Floridian driving rain out of anything, especially from a 40mph fiberglass tube which probably has seals that have seen better days.

Dream Finder

fake vanilla

Its not a trick machine, they have a vent that is directed right above you as you pass the shop. it is black and puts all the baking smell in your face. ive seen it and been on the tour its not a fake smell.

According to the short lived Disney Channel series "Inside Disney" it is just vanilla that they keep pumping out.

But, whatever it really is, it works on me. :ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom