Magical Movies

careship

Original Poster
This weekend has been a Disney movie marathon. My kids start school tomorrow and one has been extremely ill so we spent the weekend watching movies, all Disney all the time. This was so much fun, but I really felt sad about some aspects that never felt more disheartening then before. I always knew the newer movies were lacking spark but to sit and watch all of them that we have back to back, it's the songs, the stories, the characters that are being minimized in new things. Watching things like Aladdin, Mary Poppins, Pete's Dragon, Snow White, Beauty and the Beast......First of all, Mary Poppins, Pete's Dragon, they were the cutting edge of technology at the time. Fabulous movies, great characters, wonderful songs make you laugh make you cry, they took you on a journey. I love animation, I like them better then some CGI, they just have such a dreamlike feel and they bring you in to their world. The new movies lack the heart and they don't seem to have the love wrapped in them. WHen a movie, any movie, has heart it's because those involved throw their hearts and souls and love into them, that's the difference between then and now. Even the characters, ________ VanDyke, Julie Andrews, Don KNotts, they had to love their parts in the movies, it shows. That's the difference.

ANy comments feelings?????

angel

I agree with everything you just said. The newer movies definitely don't have the same 'magical' feeling that the older Disney movies do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom