Magical Moments?

Spoon full of Sugar

My tweenagers still love Disney....they're just not as "mesmerized" as when they were younger. Any suggestions for putting some extra magic in our vaca for my pre-teen & teen children?

dontknow

This year we really brought our daughter into the planning process. Beginning to end...

The 'magic' of the princess phase is now over but as she has gotten a little older, she is now embracing many of the rides she once shunned.

We let her sort of help steer the plan.

Upvote 0

Spoon full of Sugar

Original Poster
This year we really brought our daughter into the planning process. Beginning to end...

The 'magic' of the princess phase is now over but as she has gotten a little older, she is now embracing many of the rides she once shunned.

We let her sort of help steer the plan.
Thank you! Yes, my little princesses are not little any more. A few have suggested involving my tweens in the process of planning....and they are so excited about doing this - I'm now having to distribute days for each - haha! So much fun - planning for us is almost as big a thrill as going! :) We aren't "go every year" people, so the anticipation is so much fun! :)

Upvote 0

zeebs758

In the Parks
Yes
I honestly wouldn't try. They're likely to see it as cheesy and it will turn them off more. Let them have their sourpuss and it'll melt away the second they hit Main Street. They'll forget that they're too cool for Disney.

I actually kind of agree here. I've heard lots of stories where kids grow up loving WDW but when they get old, they think they are too cool for it. But once they bring the teens back to the world, they become a kid again and love it.

Upvote 0

aliceismad

When I was a tween/teen, I always wanted to help plan. Certain restaurants, desserts, rides, etc. were appealing, but they weren't what my parents would've guessed. I think giving each of your kids a "me day" to plan is a fantastic idea.

The water parks might be a fun outing for the older kids as well. And might give you a little more relaxation than a park day.

Upvote 0

Spoon full of Sugar

Original Poster
I actually kind of agree here. I've heard lots of stories where kids grow up loving WDW but when they get old, they think they are too cool for it. But once they bring the teens back to the world, they become a kid again and love it.
Expecting this completely! :) In our planning, they have already discovered so many "big kid" things that they didn't get to do when they were little! :)

Upvote 0

Spoon full of Sugar

Original Poster
When I was a tween/teen, I always wanted to help plan. Certain restaurants, desserts, rides, etc. were appealing, but they weren't what my parents would've guessed. I think giving each of your kids a "me day" to plan is a fantastic idea.

The water parks might be a fun outing for the older kids as well. And might give you a little more relaxation than a park day.
Yes, thanks! So much to do....so little...I think I'll add another day! :) ...seriously.

Upvote 0

JillC LI

Got my son a Hidden Mickey book around that age and he spent that trip searching for them.
Also, giving them a little freedom to go to an attraction on their own and meet up with you awhile later makes them feel grown up, and you know they are in a safe place.

Upvote 0

Spoon full of Sugar

Original Poster
Got my son a Hidden Mickey book around that age and he spent that trip searching for them.
Also, giving them a little freedom to go to an attraction on their own and meet up with you awhile later makes them feel grown up, and you know they are in a safe place.
We've always been casual hidden mickey folks...this book is a great idea for my son! Thank you! :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom