Magical Memories Monday

LavaLiz

Original Poster
Hello there,

I have so many magical memories made on Disney vacations, that I thought a thread dedicated to them would be fun. I'm going to post every Monday (that I remember) to try to bring some cheer to what is usually my least favorite day of the week. Feel free to join!

I'll start with this picture of my mom. I was recently able to take her on her very first Disney Cruise, and she teared up right after we got on board, which of course made me tear up, and then we hugged and started our vacation! It was such a sweet moment.

IMG_8519.JPG

Moka

Awe that’s super sweet. Looking forward to seeing further posts. Maybe if I can find some good ones I’ll join in. 😉

michmickey

One of the most magical moments I had was during the year of a million dreams I was able to "drive" the monorail! It was amazing as a little kid and I'm so glad I got to do it! During that same trip I was the artist of the day at Saratoga Springs!

muddyrivers

For me it was being chosen with my family to lead one of the parades in Magic Kingdom several years ago. For those who don't know, a man named Dean was the one who picked families for a number of years. When he picked us, he had looked very familiar to my mom, like the man who gave me my first haircut on Main Street USA about 20 years prior. Sure enough when we asked whether he worked at the barbershop he had and I have a photo of me and Dean from that first haircut. It was a neat to experience both leading the parade and running into the same cast member involved in a childhood memory from years ago.

LavaLiz

Original Poster
Today's Magical Memory is from Spring 2017 when my God kid and namesake got stopped and interrogated by Storm Troopers. They also took her for a little walk while a few friendly folks yelled things like "Run Rey Run!" She loved it and we all laughed and enjoyed the show.
IMG_8577.JPG
IMG_8581.JPG

Last edited:

LavaLiz

Original Poster
Today's magical memory is from my trip last year with my MIL and her friend. We got drinks and apps at Kona, and this was the moment I told them the pineapple was filled with almost all liquor 😂
IMG_3636.JPG

LavaLiz

Original Poster
Better late than never!
Today's memory is from 2015, during the last Osborne Family Spectacle of lights. When I heard it would be the last year, I insisted we must go! We had just moved to FL earlier that year and didn't have time off so we drove to Orlando after work on Friday, arriving around 1:00am. We had a Most Magical Saturday and Sunday morning. Saturday evening we sipped cocoa, while enjoying the lights and each other's company. During the holidays each year I wear the shirt we purchased during that quick trip and think fondly back on that weekend with my love.
20151129_211955.jpg
20151129_213150.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom